Kidde RECALL

Status
Not open for further replies.

chris_goris

Chris
Senior User
I read online they are recalling them as far back as the early 70s! Something like 40 million units!. Not sure how they could survive that.

Raymond

Raymond
Staff member
Corporate Member
Looks like I got lucky :dontknow: I have the Fire Out Foam 2 Liter series and it's not listed, yet it has a plastic handle and valve assembly.

Gofor

Mark
Corporate Member
Not sure how that works going back to 1970 models, unless they were recharged. My newest one that is just now 12 yrs old plainly states it must be removed from service after 12 years from date of manufacture. However, it is not on the list that I could tell. Don't see them replacing expired ones.

As for me, this one is going to be replaced with an Amerex that can be recharged and repaired if necessary. I am lucky to have a distributor and full service shop just a couple miles from me.

Go

bob vaughan

Bob Vaughan
Senior User
I've got both Kidde and Amerex units. The Amerex are worth it. Filled out the Kidde forms a couple of days ago. We'll see whether or not that ends well. Its over 15 years old and should be replaced anyway.

JohnnyR

John
Corporate Member
Just filled out the form, automated reply says it's covered even though it's a year and 14 days over the 12 year "life" I'm going to assume it's freshness dating and will keep it as a back up. (and hold it away from my face if using it!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS