KenofCary new Secretary ?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
I talked to ken Presser as we shared a ride down to Hickory on Thursday. He seemed willing to accept the position of BOD member and Secretary. I have just sent him a PM to be sure. In the meantime, let's discuss this NOW. If he replies in the positive, ANd I haven't heard any major negatives, then I will place it in a ballot.

My take on Ken is that is clearly a hard worker, but is concientious enought that he will not accept a position thet he doesn't have time for. SO I will be very excited, if joined the BOD. I see nothing but positives.

Comments, please

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
Ken has been a great help with the Outreach program and seems always willing to help. I am glad he is willing to take this on.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
I would support Ken in any role he will take on. I do not know anyone who worked longer and harder at the Hickory show. He is a hard worker and has taken our entire mission to heart.

b4man

New User
Barbara
When was this idea discussed? Did I miss something while I was out of town? Was there discussion after the meeting last weekend regarding a possible choice in candidates?

Don't misunderstand me here. I'm perfectly happy with Ken and appreciate his willingness to serve, but it just doesn't follow the by-laws to call for a discussion and 2 hours later have an answer from the candidate that was never formally nominated and only confirmed by 3. I guess when Scott chimed in at 3:30 or so you figured you had your majority.
:eusa_doh:
This feels familiar and it's not necessary to do business this way anymore.

I talked to ken Presser as we shared a ride down to Hickory on Thursday. He seemed willing to accept the position of BOD member and Secretary. I have just sent him a PM to be sure. In the meantime, let's discuss this NOW. If he replies in the positive, ANd I haven't heard any major negatives, then I will place it in a ballot.

My take on Ken is that is clearly a hard worker, but is concientious enought that he will not accept a position thet he doesn't have time for. SO I will be very excited, if joined the BOD. I see nothing but positives.

Comments, please

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
When was this idea discussed? Did I miss something while I was out of town? Was there discussion after the meeting last weekend regarding a possible choice in candidates?

Don't misunderstand me here. I'm perfectly happy with Ken and appreciate his willingness to serve, but it just doesn't follow the by-laws to call for a discussion and 2 hours later have an answer from the candidate that was never formally nominated and only confirmed by 3. I guess when Scott chimed in at 3:30 or so you figured you had your majority.

Like I said in my other post let's hope we are done working in reaction mode. Barbara, Steve and I chatted about it at Hickory. I am not sure if he talked to Phil and Dennis. Because of the last issue we decided to start with a discussion thread before a vote was called. If anyone had another candidate or reason not to go with Ken we would have had a conference call or further posts. It is best for all if we have a full slate of members.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member

i'm sorry Barbara and Scott if I didn't handle this the way you expected. I guess you guys should tell me how you expected it to be done. If you think ken was offered the job, you are wrong. I only asked if he was interested. Then today, I re- asked him, just to be sure. In the meantime, I posted a discussion thread. Then when he replied yes was interested, and so far all the discussion posts were positive, I went ahead and posted a vote. Please explain to me what I did that was wrong.

I didn't see anyone else finding candidates. I assumed it was all of our jobs, so I stepped up. Barbara, you and Scott said you wanted me to lead, I am trying.

But you guys don't seem to want me or the way I do things. All I have received lately from most of you Barbara, and some is constant criticism. You don't like the way, I write, I am too abrasive, my avatar is bad, I guess you also feel that I am finding board candidates the wrong too.

I am really getting tired of it all. A little appreciation and some verbal support and less #####ing would go a long way.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
but it just doesn't follow the by-laws to call for a discussion and 2 hours later have an answer from the candidate that was never formally nominated and only confirmed by 3. I guess when Scott chimed in at 3:30 or so you figured you had your majority.

that is not what happened. You just twisted what I did. The candidate has not been informed of anything. I only asked if was interested and if he was elected, would he serve. It seems to me to be a fairly stupid thing on my part, if I nominated and voted to elect a person who wasn't really interested.

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
I don't believe we currently have any other candidates for consideration. Given that the former Secretary resigned 10 days ago & no other member has come forward despite the outpouring of accolades for her efforts, I'd say the membership in general expects us to, as Cathy would say, "Put on our big girl panties and deal with it." Most people are like JFK's quote, "Success has a thousand fathers, but failure is an orphan." Having 1 staff & 2 BOD members resign in such a short time gives a somewhat negative perception of our abilities. Dragging it out further won't help that any.
Steve did mention to me at the Extravaganza that Ken was interested and willing to take the position for the duration of the present term. Being a hard worker at an event like this does not necessarily make Ken qualified for the position, but it does reflect a positive attitude towards the site and with that we can take care of the rest. I'm fine with him as a Secretary.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Steve I think you are doing a great job and I did not mean my post a to show disappointment in the job you are doing. You have done more for this site then any 20 members combined. I know you did not promise Ken anything. You just asked if he would be interested. As far as writing I was just offering to help take work off your plate to give you a break. You yourself admit you don't always come across like you mean so I just wanted to help.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
We have the required unanimous 6 votes to confirm Ken as the new bod member. I will inform him by PM and as soon as he formally accepts. I will announce his post in the staff forum.

it is necessary for me to disappear this thread and make sure I have cleaned up anything that might allow Ken to see any controversy about his confirmation and the way it was done.

the thread will not be gone just made invisible without the URL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS