Keepsakes for the Grandkids

Status
Not open for further replies.

wdkits1

New User
Mike
Hi Everyone
Going to England next week to see my Son and his family so thought I would make a little something for Sophia and Connor (Grandkids).
Sophia will get the Rose box and Connor will get the Ocean Box.

Woods used
Rose Box; Cherry, Walnut, Bird's Eye Maple, Bloodwood, Lignum Vitae, Mahogany
Ocean Box; Walnut, Lacewood, Maple, Tulipwood, Blue Mahoe, Holly, Spalted Sycamore, Lignum Vitae, Yellowheart.
IMG_1525.JPG IMG_1522.JPG IMG_1523.JPG

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
When they are old, and have grandkids of their own, they will pull out those boxes and tell the story of how their grandfather made them. Great gifts, Mike.

drw

Donn
Corporate Member
Wow, those are beautiful! I have been thinking about building some keepsake boxes for my grandchildren; your craftsmanship has inspired me! That said, I won't be able to do anything nearly as artful as your effort, you are in a league of your own!

Jeremy Scuteri

Jeremy
Wow, those are beautiful! I have been thinking about building some keepsake boxes for my grandchildren; your craftsmanship has inspired me! That said, I won't be able to do anything nearly as artful as your effort, you are in a league of your own!

Mike sells kits so novices can make these boxes. We had a workshop where a bunch of us made the flower box.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Love your work Mike. I am heading to Judy Gale Roberts for one of her 3 day INTARSIA classes. I hope to be able to do half as good as you someday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS