Keepsake Box with Foam Protection

Status
Not open for further replies.

rcarmac

Board of Directors, Secretary
Robert
Staff member
Corporate Member
I have a "special" Gavel that is a keepsake from an association that I am in. It has special plaques mounted to it that notes past conferences and events from the associations history.

The dimesons are:
Handle: 21-1/8” long by 5-1/2” circumference
Gavel head: 7-1/2” long x 13” circumference

I need to find some type of storage box to put it in and keep it safe. Right now, it gets passed around in a cardboard box. I was thinking about making a wood one, but this does get passed on every year and the association ends the Southeast Area all the way to Florida. So the box would need to be able to fly. So it changed my thinking from wood to hard plastic with hard foam for protection, something like a Gun Case.

Does anyone know somewhere to get a case like this.

Last edited:

allisnut

New User
Adam
How about a dewalt tough system case or milwaukee packout case? They sell foam liner material you could cut to fit.

rcarmac

Robert
Staff member
Corporate Member
This is in the right ball park. Wish it was just a little cheaper.

marinosr

Richard
Corporate Member
Pelican cases are expensive and darn tough. I have used them to hold sensitive scientific equipment that I leave outdoors for extended periods of time. It's worth it when your sensors cost $40k a piece, probably not worth it for a gavel. I would just look for the cheapest gun case you can find. Plano makes very cheap ones. The HF ones aren't big enough for your purposes.

Jeff

New User
Jeff
Right now, it gets passed around in a cardboard box.

I have a "special" Gavel that is a keepsake from an association that I am in. It has special plaques mounted to it that notes past conferences and events from the associations history.

A few pics of this "special gavel" and the plaques mounted to it will be helpful.

What is this "association" and how often does it get passed around between the members?

How about some plastic bubble wrap and put it back in the cardboard box for some protection?

rcarmac

Robert
Staff member
Corporate Member
A few pics of this "special gavel" and the plaques mounted to it will be helpful.

What is this "association" and how often does it get passed around between the members?

How about some plastic bubble wrap and put it back in the cardboard box for some protection?

I will see if I can add some pics. It changes hands once a year to the new president at our annual conference. We do a ceremonial type handoff. So I have it now and then will be going to Jacksonville FL in June.

Its currently in a box. Box doesn’t last long. The gavel I think is too important with a lot of history to just be in a box. The box becomes an issue when we need to transport it in a plane. So it has to get taken out of the box, packed in checked bag and then you have to find a new box to put it in when it gets to its new location.

rcarmac

Robert
Staff member
Corporate Member
Pictures

Attachments

• 3BED59B8-B2A9-4D20-A89C-B842042F01B9.jpg
    3BED59B8-B2A9-4D20-A89C-B842042F01B9.jpg
    266.1 KB · Views: 151
  • 212DE2A9-A178-454E-9E86-2264FA6A81C4.jpg
    212DE2A9-A178-454E-9E86-2264FA6A81C4.jpg