Just wanted to say Hello

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ts Wood Butcher

New User
Tony Sizemore
I am new to the list and want say hey.
I am in the Cary, Apex. I open the doors on small Cabinet shop in April and have been do ok. I thought it would be cool to see what is going on in the are. I also do some turning. Mostly Bowls. So Hello every one.

M

McRabbet

Welcome to the site, Tony. :) You'll find this to be a great place to learn and share -- very good group of men and women woodworkers across the state who bring lots of good info to share. Be sure to read the thread for new members and to request a gallery where you can post pictures of your work. You'll find it under the "Other Links" at the top right of the menu bar. 'Cuz as someone once said, "no photos, it didn't happen!" We'd all like to hear about your cabinet shop, too -- there are several others that make some money at this fun, too!
Rob

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
Hey Tony, welcome to our merry band of NC Woodworkers.:icon_thum We are glad you could join us. I hope you elect to become an active member here and join in on the many ongoing forums or even start a few of your own. You will find a great bunch of folks here with various levels of skills and experience. Enjoy yourself.

D L

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Welcome, I'm glad you could join us. There are many members in your neck of the woods, me included. I too would love to see your turnings and updates on how your business is doing. Many here would love to be doing what you are. See you around. Dave:)

mshel

New User
Michael Shelley
Welcome join in and have some fun. Not many things in life are free but this is site is definitely one.:icon_thum

stoneskippers

New User
John Skipper
Hello Tony, Welcome from the western end of the state. Have fun and maybe I can use some of your knowledge of cabinet building.

clowman

Clay Lowman
Corporate Member
Welcome to the site! I'm just down the road a piece in Holly Springs. Glad you can joinn us. What's the name of the shop ?

golfdad

Co-director of Outreach
Dirk
Corporate Member
Welcome aboard. Lets have a little plug on that cabinet shop (location). Have a great 2006

sapwood

New User
Roger
Howdy Tony!

Another belated, but warm welcome to the forum. We look forward to learning about your business and wish you success.

Why Not?
Sapwood

Ts Wood Butcher

New User
Tony Sizemore
Well I’ll fell in some of the blanks for ya. I grew up on a farm. A real farm where you didn’t buy something you made it or fixed the one you had. I went off to play Uncle Sam’s Game for a few years where I learned a little more about making thing. I spent a few years as a Dance instructor… I don’t want to hear it. The perks where good sometimes, and I made money at it. I went to collage and got a degree after I met my wife, and while in school I started fooling around with wood working. My wife and I had a little girl 2 ½ years ago and she has some health issue so I stayed at home to take care of her for the first year. When I could start looking for job I couldn’t find anything that paid worth a darn and friend of mine asked me if I could make his wife something and the rest is history. I am working out of a 2 car garage, and still having fun.
I started turning around father’s day last year. My wife gave me class at one of the local store here and fell in love.
I looking forward to learning and sharing with all.

cskipper

Cathy
Welcome aboard. I love your handle! Glad to have you join our merry little crew of sawdust-makers!

Steve D

Steve DeWeese
Welcome Tony, it sounds like you have the right attitude to run your own business. Good luck and jump in any time with advice and questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS