Just Say No To Bruce Flooring

mike_wood

Update your profile with your name
User
Finishing a flooring project using Bruce as that is what the previous owner used. To say it is complete crap is a complement. I've got a pile of completely unusable pieces that amounts to 1/3 of a box - chipped, split, etc. Much of it is wavy on top and some I had to take up as I did not notice a large planer divot. Bruce is not what it used to be. I have never put down pre-finished and will never do it again. My advice if you are going to put down flooring is to go to American Products Inc (ampro-online.com) and get everything you need.

Robert LaPlaca

Robert
Senior User
Mike, I have installed Mirage flooring in a previous residence and my SIL’s home, it was beautifully milled and finished.

mike_wood

User
I was stuck with Bruce as it was used by previous owner and we could not find a matching color with any other brand we checked.

mkepke

Mark
Senior User
Hopefully you got it from someplace with a good return policy and can return the junk material.

-Mark

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
We have parquet flooring from Bruce in our dining room and kitchen. Lifetime warranty on finish, some of which is totally gone. Bruce no longer make parquet flooring. If they did, it would be more than a PITA dig out glued down, interlocking squares to replace them, so I just stained and polyed them in place. Not a perfect match, but close enough to make mama happy.

mike_wood

User
Wanted to post a few pics of what I have run into. Most of the flooring is like this. When we were laying the milling problems were hard to see from above but once down and observed at an angle it was obvious. I have to pull it all up, reinstall unfinished, stain and finish. Bruce does not make a RO solid flooring anymore. They make a generic "oak" which does not match previous RO.

Attachments

• floor1.jpg
    floor1.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 78
  • floor2.jpg
    floor2.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 79

mkepke

Mark
Senior User
Wanted to post a few pics of what I have run into. Most of the flooring is like this. When we were laying the milling problems were hard to see from above but once down and observed at an angle it was obvious. I have to pull it all up, reinstall unfinished, stain and finish. Bruce does not make a RO solid flooring anymore. They make a generic "oak" which does not match previous RO.
Chattermarks.

That's just bad QC.

Sounds like you went through a lot to fix Mike!

-Mark

zdorsch

Zach
Corporate Member
I had to add a few pieces of 5/16” Bruce flooring in my current home. Besides the ridiculous price ($11+ per sq ft) it seems to be ok. It did take a while to find the correct color though.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS