Just saw this

Oka

Casey
Corporate Member
Yeah, electricity ...... not something to play around with unless you really know what you are doing. :(

Echd

C
User
Fractal burning / lichtenberg burning is a bad idea under pretty much every circumstance. You might do it right a hundred times but the margin for errors is very low and you probably won't get a do over.

Mountain City Bill

Mountain City Bill
Corporate Member
There was a guy at a local art center demonstrating this technique. He said " Would you like to try it?" I couldn't back away fast enough. I said "I've worked with electricity for 40 years. I've been shocked enough."

woodworkingshop.com

Coleman
User
Just noticed this thread. Spoke to a customer about this Saturday at our Asheville Anniversary Sale and he told me he was shocked/burned while making a piece of "art" using this technique. Needless to say, we spoke about how lucky we both were to be having the conversation we were having. Folks, be careful out there!

Sidenote: as many of you know, this practice has been forbidden at any AAW event and due to the danger, I think a very smart idea.

Coleman

Richo B

New User
Richo
I've never heard of this before. Doing a quick search I saw that it often involves the use of jumper cables, old microwave oven parts and a piece of wood soaked in a chemical solution to get some crazy patterns in wood that resembles lightning bolts. "NO, NO, NO, AND NO!"

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors