Just Ordered Another Veritas Hand Tool ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

McRabbet

Rob
Corporate Member
Many of you know that I am a Lee Valley Tool fanatic and I just placed an order for a new addition to my collection of marking tools. Thought I'd share it with you all (be sure to watch the video before you buy) ...

Jeremy Scuteri

Jeremy
The video is great. This must be the secret to perfect proportions.....
attachment.php

Attachments

• secret.png
    secret.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 231

nn4jw

New User
Jim
My scap bin is full of Lignum mediocris. Guess I'm going to need a dowel cutter so I can cash in on precision accessories for these things.

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Bah!
There is nothing new under the...

Oh look!

:wwink:

Roy G

Roy
Senior User
Thank you for bringing this to my attention. Need to visit Lee Valley more often.

Roy G

McRabbet

Rob
Corporate Member
I always love April Fool's Day! And Lee Valley has celebrated it like no website in existence. For those of you that didn't click on the link I provided and then clicked on the More Information link, please do it as the fourteen entries that Lee Valley has produced over the years are priceless (literally!). Just having fun seems to be an essential part of their Mantra!

One of more other favorites from yesterday was a post on another forum where someone complained that April Fool's Day and Easter fell on the same day. The classic response that followed it was "I sent my kids out to hunt for Easter eggs in the yard this morning, but I didn't hide any".

Hmerkle

Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
It is the credible part, that gets you.

Don't laugh at me, but I actually thought the caliper to "measure the width of a board or chisel and set the marking gauge properly is actually a desirable thing! Yes, I can set the width of my marking gauge to a board or chisel... after I walk over and get my readers out of the tool cabinet!!

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
I think I'll make one or three of those, I can pick up a cheap set of machinists gage blocks to set it.

Jeff

New User
Jeff
I sent my order but for some reason I can't use my credit card and submit the order? :wconfused:

Hmerkle

Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Hank, I’m glad I’m not the only one who thought that caliper was actually a good idea.

LOL
(Admit your mistakes, 1. Someone will get a chuckle and 2. Someone else already had the thought you did!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS