Just Joined

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

Vern

Hello, my name is Vern. Just joined , I live in Elliston, Virginia and travel frequently in Nc. I am a sales rep for a bank subsiidiary specializing in manufactured home lending.
I am a confessed tool-aholic.I have been piddling with woodworking for about 20 years and find it to be my main source of relaxation. My projects recently have been for my grandchildren,(beds, bookcases,race tracks etc.)
My 9 year old grandson is my shop helper and has recently began to use the scroll saw. I think in very short order he will be better at it than I am.
Is anyone going to Klingspor"s show in Hickory which is today and tommorrow at the Hickory Metro Convention center. We went last year and throuhly enjoyed it.
looking foreward to getting to know the members on this board.
Thanks
Vern

clowman

Clay Lowman
Corporate Member
Vern, welcome to the site. I am not sure we can help you with your addiction, but I am sure we will do our best to expand your tool collection!

As far as the woodworking show, there is alot oe people from this site heading down. I believe the last count was over 20 ! Please check out this thread, you will get some information. I believe that woodguy is hosting a get together after the show in his shop.

Edit.. This is the correct link!!!

http://ncwoodworker.net/forums/showthread.php?postid=2090#poststop

*** End Edit

again...
WELCOME!!!!
:eusa_danc:eusa_danc

Last edited:

Monty

New User
Monty
Hello, and welcome to the board. Good to have another piddler to join the rest of us! :-D

Yes, several of us are going to the Hickory Extravaganza. There are a few threads about that in the "member announcement" forum. You're welcome to join us, of course! We'll all be meeting at Woodguys's chair raffle display, and we'll head out to his shop at about 1:00 pm on Saturday.

Steve D

Steve DeWeese
Welcome, it's good to have you here. Unfortunately, I won't be making it to the show this year but it is definitely worthwhile and you can pick up some very good deals there. Last time I wen I bought a Powermatic band saw, Jet spindle sander, Performax sander and lot's of other goodies. Prices were below anything else that I could find and I drove home with everything that day.

Steve D

sapwood

New User
Roger
Warm welcome Vern!

We look forward to meeting you and hope you will share some knowledge and PIXS of your work. :)

Steve (administrator and creator) has developed a great site that I think you are going to enjoy. Be sure to check out the gallery:!:

Sapwood

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
I'm already here in hickory in the hotel room. Welcome aboard.:eusa_danc

See I told you guys that southern VA was a NC County:rolf:

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Very late but hopefully still relevant, Welcome, as you have already read there are a lot of member going to Hickory in this weekend. I am heading out in the morning, have to keep the day job. I look forward to possibly meeting you there, and if not, I look forward to your input around here. Dave:)

cskipper

Cathy
Welcome! This is a great group. I believe there are a number of folks going to the show. Hope to see you there!

V

Vern

Thanks to all for the warm welcome,I know I will enjoy this board and possibly have some input as well.
Thanks again . We hope to be at the show tommorrow by mid morning and I hope I get to meet some of you. My grandson will be with us,fair warning,he has never met a stranger and is full of questions.
Thanks again
Vern

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Cool, I look forward to meeting you. So has your grandson, never met anyone he did take a instant liking to, or never met anyone outside of the family. "Stranger" can be interpreted in many ways. Either way, I look forward to meeting the bunch of ya'll. The meeting place sounds to be John's (Woodguy1975) demonstration of chair sculpting at 10:00am. Hope to see you there. And check out the thread about his raffle. One of his chairs is going to someone, with the money going to help the victims of hurricane Katrina. A really awesome gesture. Dave:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS