Just found that deal on the Leigh Jig

Status
Not open for further replies.

windknot

Scott
Senior User
Well, as always, if you wait around the opportunity will come your way. Picked up a 2yr old D4 this morning that looks like new. Guy said it was too complicated. I guess I will find out for myself. Will post some pics to qualify for an official gloat later on.

Vanilla Gorilla

New User
Marco Principio
Let me give you a pre YOU SUCK! for your purchase. I would love to get my hands on one of those used, but I'm sure they're even a pretty penny then. Happy dovetailing!

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Yea, you suck. It isn't a complicated jig at all. Especially for thru DTs. HB DTs could be a little harder, but I would personally use a different jig for that, like one that cuts boards at the same time. Let me know if you need any advice on it's use. I have a D1600, but the principle is the same, and I have had a little experience with and older D4.
Dave:)

Matt

New User
Matt Willis
Nice score! I just got a D4R a couple weeks ago (got tired of searching for a used one) and so far love it:eusa_danc

If I can figure it out and cut nice dovetails, anyone can! :eusa_whis

michaelgarner

New User
Michael
NO pic didnt happen,,,but here is the small one! "You suck!"
You get the big one when we see a pic,,be blessed friend.

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
Have to agree with Dave on the half blind dovetails. They have to be cut seperate so it takes twice the time than a regular one. If it doesn't have the cam clamps I would suggest upgrading it to them as the screw nobs are a PIA.

windknot

Scott
Senior User
It does have cam locks, looks almost new. I have all the paperwork and video. Came with 3 bits, but the router bushings were missing. I am sure the guy has them and I will check with him tomorrow morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS