Just finished my Dutch Tool Chest

Status
Not open for further replies.

riverstwo

New User
Randy
I just finished making this dutch tool chest, here's a link to some more pictures if you're interested: https://imgur.com/a/MFE2R. It was a really fun build and I'm happy with how it came out. Thanks for looking!

attachment.php

Attachments

• XfzIMUC - Imgur.jpg
    XfzIMUC - Imgur.jpg
    344.9 KB · Views: 397
Last edited:

riverstwo

New User
Randy
Thanks all, I'm pretty happy with the Milk Paint. I've got a coat of BLO on it now and may wax it as well but I haven't decided yet.

Bill, I'm not planning to put it on casters but am going to build a dedicated bench to put it on. I've got some thick Poplar for it and have a joint I want to play with...but it's going to have to wait til I clear a few projects out of the queue.

riverstwo

New User
Randy
Thanks Claus, they're gate hinges from Lowe's. I like the shape of them but am not a fan of how they look up close.

Bear Republic

Steve
Corporate Member
Nice tool box. I really like the natural light and windows in your shop. Easy to get distracted with the outside world. :)

riverstwo

New User
Randy
Thank you! I love the light as well and am constantly distracted. I'm ok with it though....especially this time of year. I've got about a dozen dogwoods back there, and all the birds have come back. This is the best time of year in NC for sure.

Nice tool box. I really like the natural light and windows in your shop. Easy to get distracted with the outside world. :)

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Randy,
You said you used Tulip Poplar because that is what your sawyer had.

May I ask who your sawyer is?
While the finish is great, I see the "raw" tool chest and LOVE the color of the wood!

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
Great looking tool box Randy! The video demonstrated the question I had as to how the front panel is held in place. The pictures show us how well thought out your tool placement is, and that you have a fine kit of traditional woodworking tools. I really enjoyed your post; thank you for sharing with us.

riverstwo

New User
Randy
Thank you!
Pat Trotter is who I buy my lumber from, he's in the Fayetteville area and has a lot of air-dried stock at really reasonable prices. I can PM his contact info if you're interested.

Randy,
You said you used Tulip Poplar because that is what your sawyer had.

May I ask who your sawyer is?
While the finish is great, I see the "raw" tool chest and LOVE the color of the wood!

riverstwo

New User
Randy
Thank you, I'm glad you liked it. The front piece is a fall front. There's a piece of oak that goes through a mortise in the top shelf then through the two walnut brackets on the front and into the bottom lip. This secures the front well, it can't be opened with the top locked, but also lets the front be detached completely and set aside. The video is the oak "lock" being removed and then the front being taken off. Hope this helps....thanks again!

Great looking tool box Randy! The video demonstrated the question I had as to how the front panel is held in place. The pictures show us how well thought out your tool placement is, and that you have a fine kit of traditional woodworking tools. I really enjoyed your post; thank you for sharing with us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS