Just Completed Patchwork Boards

Status
Not open for further replies.

DWSmith

New User
David
With the last show of the year fast approaching, I decided to make the out-front-display different and hopefully more eye catching this year. So my employee and I made four more of the Patchwork boards, formerly known as Chaos boards. Once they were complete we brainstormed the new name since the word chaos denotes trouble and problems, patchwork seemed to be friendlier. While we were brainstorming a new idea worked its way into the conversation. The result was adding long pieces into the board making it look like a patchwork quilt. All the pieces are end grain using maple, mahogany, cherry and walnut wood. The first two of the quilted versions used maple for the long pieces but the color tends to blend in with the overall colors. We also made one with cherry but that blends in as well. The last one used walnut which made the board pop. I was more than pleased with the last board.

As stated, I used maple, mahogany, cherry and walnut, all the wood is end grain, the sizes are 2 x 12 x 18 and 2 x 13 x 19. I don't know if they will sell but I am hoping they will create a little extra interest in my booth.

There will be a contest with one of the boards. We actually counted the pieces and I will offer a $50.00 prize for the person who guesses the correct number. Each guess will cost $1.00 which I will donate
to the Salvation Army.

DWS_0911.jpgDWS_0909.jpgDWS_0910.jpg

smallboat

smallboat
Corporate Member
Impressed with the work and the way this line of thought is taking you in new directions.
Keep 'em coming!

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Extremely cool. Love the patchwork design, it makes people's heads hurt thinking about how it was made :):)

Tim Sherwood

Tim
Corporate Member
These are great David! I don't even want to see an explanation of the process. I'd rather just believe in magic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors