Just bought Work Sharp WS3000....

Status
Not open for further replies.

redhawknc1

New User
Wayne
Well using handtools more and obviously needing a way to keep them sharp, I set up a Scary Sharp System. Works great! Looking around on the *bay today I noticed the Work Sharp on a Buy It Now for $199 or Best Offer. I offered $160 and it was accepted, so hopefully it will be here soon. Have heard good things about the machine. Somewhat limited, but I feel will fit in my shop well for chisels and plane irons. The seller was acehardwareoutletstore with 11,641 sales. That had quite a few available. They might even take less on the best offer. I'll let everyone know what I think of it when it arrives. Stock pic until it arrives...:lol::lol:

Attachments

• 237700014_070507I_Rh.jpg
    237700014_070507I_Rh.jpg
    184.5 KB · Views: 191

redhawknc1

New User
Wayne
It says they only sell new machines....Free Shipping UPS Ground also. Got insurance for an extra dollar. Total $161.00. They might take less? 377 left! I'll post pics of the real one when it arrives...:lol::lol::lol:

Jon

New User
Jon Todd
Did you find a money tree? You have been buying some nice stuff lately.

redhawknc1

New User
Wayne
Jon, just tend to go a little overboard when I'm having fun. It's a slippery slope! Also, try to buy when the price is right. Both of my kids are grown and gone and doing great! So, its just me and my wife. Money is a little easier now. And I haven't really spent a lot, just finding some deals. I saved enough on buying the Performax used to just about cover the rest. But nothing else is in my wants or needs for awhile. Now down to just using it all. Need to be spending the monies on the (garage) workshop itself. Need some insulation, insulated garage doors,wiring, new wallcovering and ceiling. And talk about nice stuff, I just wish I had some of the things you have in your workshop! Especially that saw!:icon_thum

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
Wayne,

First of all... congrats on a terrific tool snag.

Be sure to tell us about your experience with the sharpener. I've been using glass and sandpaper for some time with fairly good results. Of late, I've been dreaming of the WorkSharp... better speed, accuracy, repeatability, etc. Please do post a review. How well does it work? What jigs, supplies, other stuff did you have to buy?

Ray

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
Well, I couldn't resist ... I've offered the guy $130 and it said it was pending review. Maybe, maybe not ... I'll let you know how it goes.

(And yes, I started at $100 but was automatically rejected! ... imagine that!)

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
Jeremy,

Let us know what the final price is. I'm definitely interested in the outcome.

Thanks,
Jimmy:)

redhawknc1

New User
Wayne
Yeah, I'm wondering how low they will go! Heck, my first bid was $160...Just left Klingspor, already bought the leather strop kit with the savings. So, the total so far is $203.60. I was already in Hickory, so I'm not counting gas!

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
Yeah, I'm wondering how low they will go! Heck, my first bid was $160...Just left Klingspor, already bought the leather strop kit with the savings. So, the total so far is $203.60. I was already in Hickory, so I'm not counting gas!

It's amazing how quickly accesories add up, isn't it ?

Jimmy:)

redhawknc1

New User
Wayne
Yeah, I figured I'd go ahead and get a few extra things. I feel like are necessary. The leather honing kit was $29.95. I meant to get an extra glass plate, but forgot. Then buying sandpaper from now on. But should work very well on my chisels and plane irons.

redhawknc1

New User
Wayne
Just got an Email from UPS with a tracking number on the Work Sharp delivery for Thursday of this week! So far, so good!:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
It says they only sell new machines....Free Shipping UPS Ground also. Got insurance for an extra dollar. Total $161.00. They might take less? 377 left! I'll post pics of the real one when it arrives...:lol::lol::lol:

Thanks for the tip Wayne. I bidded at $150 and it took a little over 36 hrs for review and expired. So........I bidded $160 (like your lead) and won in a matter of 10 minutes or so. (Perhaps somewhere between $150-$160 is the real goin' price.)

On a side note, I took all of my chisels over to Bladeburner's (Joe) shop and he entertained me with sharpening them all up for me on his WS3000. I was pretty impressed as to how easy it works and the fine edge on my old chisels. - Thanks Joe for introducing it to me!

I have been looking around for the best price for awhile now.RocklerPro have them at $179.95 but then with additional shipping and tax it puts them over $200.:week:

Thanks a bunch Wayne for telling us about this deal.:eusa_danc

Wayne

redhawknc1

New User
Wayne
Just arrived! Now to play with it! Put the leather honing wheel on after conditioning and applying honing compound. Honed the 1 1/2" Stanley I have. Please remember that I sharpened the chisel previously using the Scary Sharp System, so I proceeded just to hone the back a little and the bevel a little. Proceed with the hair on the arm test...now have a 1 1/2" strip of hair removed from my left forearm. Clean as a razor with one stroke. Looking good so far! Seemed like a fair price, shipping was very fast. Package arrived unscathed. Everything seems right so far. We'll see how it goes! Now for the home pics...

Attachments

• IMGP0177 (650 x 867).jpg
    IMGP0177 (650 x 867).jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 155
  • IMGP0176 (650 x 488).jpg
    IMGP0176 (650 x 488).jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 161

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
Wayne,

Downright devious of you to sneak a gloat into the bottom of a long thread. Congrats on a great tool snag

Ray

sapwood

New User
Roger
I have been looking around for the best price for awhile now.RocklerPro have them at $179.95 but then with additional shipping and tax it puts them over $200.:week:

Thanks a bunch Wayne for telling us about this deal.:eusa_danc

Wayne

Wonder if the box will fit in the Woodcraft 15% bag sale that starts tomorrow :?: Probably not, but their list price is $199.95 and 10% off power tools and no shipping drops it a bit.

Dang Wayne (redhawk), you got a great deal!
Savvy shopping :icon_thum

Enviously :jealous:
Roger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS