Just a Quick Shop Survey

bob vaughan

Bob Vaughan
Senior User
Back when I was building my shop, an old Iowa farmer friend said the scariest shop prediction I'd ever heard at the time. He said, "A man needs 12 feet a year on his shop building". The second scariest thing was the knowing chuckles and nods of the others there at the time. Twenty years later I know that he was right. True, I never got my extra 12 feet, but that didn't mean that I didn't need it.

cobraguy

Clay
Corporate Member
21x24 with an 8x12 alcove - originally designed as a basement rec room

Great Question! I'm currently planning a new shop and was wondering the same thing. Current plan is for 30x30 dedicated shop space with additional finishing room and wood/supply storage.

rcarmac

Board of Directors, Secretary
Robert
Staff member
Corporate Member
21x24 with an 8x12 alcove - originally designed as a basement rec room

Great Question! I'm currently planning a new shop and was wondering the same thing. Current plan is for 30x30 dedicated shop space with additional finishing room and wood/supply storage.

if you give me a few more days, I will pull all these responses together and see if I could produce some type of summary

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
24x32, + 12x24 + 24x32 pole barn for air drying lumber. Still have 1000+ b' outdoors, stickered and tarped. Never ever enough room, some tractors are currently living outdoors. I'm always scared the SPCT (society fir the prevention of cruelty to tractors) is going to show up and beat me with protest signs.:swoon:

bobsmodels

Bob
Senior User
Mine is 12' x 33' with 10' ceilings, inside a 30' x 60' pole building. In another building I have 18' x 20' for wood storage. see attach for 3D view of tool layout

Bob

Attachments

• Wood Shop Only.pdf
    1.8 MB · Views: 216

Newboy

George
User
Pretty tight. 8 feet by 8 feet. That includes the bench. No power tools. It is enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

red

Papa Red
Red
Senior User
26' x 36' on a crawl space with a full size attic above. Shop has 200 amp power service and is fully AC/Heat.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS