Junk Table

Oka

Casey
Corporate Member
Everyone has one, you know, that table that everyone throws whatever is in their hands when 1st coming into the house.

That is the table I call the "Junk Table". A friend had asked me to make him a worktable similar to mine. So I glued up all the cutoff strip material I had. I cut his table to size and had about a 48 inch x 32 inch piece left. Hmmmm...I thought what can I do with this Ahhh !!!, I got it I'll pull the top off our junk table (it was just a 30 dollar plastic top w/collapsible legs table. 8 Lag Screws. So I took the blank top cut it to the size I needed and added the bottom skirt to hide the metal leg attaching parts.. I ended up having to cut a bit off both ends to fit. Used deck screw to attach, sanded and oiled with Bees/carnuba wax/mineral oil blend I made. Done. Not my best work but then, not much effort either. After all it's a JUNK TABLE !!! ......... (still looks better than plastic) ;) :cool: ........ I might skirt the bottom to hide legs with black leatherette if my wife complains they look tacky- we will see.

Attachments

• junk table (1).jpg
    junk table (1).jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 145
  • junk table (2).jpg
    junk table (2).jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 149
  • junk table (3).jpg
    junk table (3).jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 154
  • junk table (4).jpg
    junk table (4).jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 168
Last edited:

cobraguy

Clay
Corporate Member
My "Junk Table" is a smaller work bench in my shop. I don't use it much anymore and plan, eventually, to move it to the garage. A very real fear I have is that I'll start piling stuff on the work surfaces I actually use in the shop, so it's not high on my priority list to move. Your new spot to accumulate random stuff looks very nice.

Reactions: Oka

Oka

Casey
Corporate Member
Thank you, Off the subject ......... Since I am in the age and risk group My doctor recommended that I get tested for the Covid 19

... Well, I did. That test is not for the faint of heart, they stick a Q-Tip 3-4 inches into your sinuses. Anyway, came back negative, so that's good news. Since I am working from home, I got to come up with small projects I can do while working from home.
Our state wants everyone to stay home until April 30th. I have an exemption letter from the state and company, since the work I do is considered "essential". Either way, I will be home next month for 26-27 days out of 30.

BTW..... locally we have a new name for people over buying we call them Covidiots ........ ahh yes, I can see it now "it's 2037 and Sam finally uses his last roll of toilet paper bought in 2020 .."

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS