Juniper source

Status
Not open for further replies.

mshel

New User
Michael Shelley
I recall some time back that someone was looking for some juniper. My question is to whomever it was, did you find any? I am needing some 8/4 stock for balusters. If anyone has a lead on a source, please send me a PM.

Thanks,
Mike

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
I may be mistaken, but I think Ivey had some at one time. If you can't get him, Jackleg would know.

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
I was looking at some right pretty juniper last weekend at Ivey's.... not sure if it was for sale or not, but he has some.

Ivey

New User
Ivey
Thanks Tracy, Scott

Mike I have Juniper, but its all 4/4
Check with Jack Murdock. I think that I once heard him say that he had some 8/4..

blkdog09

New User
Chris
I talked to Jack, (I was looking for 12/4 or 10/4) and the snow storms had him a bit behind the game. Plus the state put a hold on a piece of land for juniper.

He was gonna check and see what he had laying aorund the yard and get back to me, I haven't heard back from him.

I would still love to get my hands on some......its gonna get warm to carve outdoors soon!

CarvedTones

Board of Directors, Vice President
Andy
I talked to Jack, (I was looking for 12/4 or 10/4) and the snow storms had him a bit behind the game. Plus the state put a hold on a piece of land for juniper.

He was gonna check and see what he had laying aorund the yard and get back to me, I haven't heard back from him.

I would still love to get my hands on some......its gonna get warm to carve outdoors soon!

I was trying to get a little 8/4 from Jack also but it never came to pass. I am not sure that carvers are the sawyers' favorite customers. We want the thickest, clearest lumber they have but only a little bit, not enough to cut and stock it regularly. Plus we want to pay mill run BF price for mantle pieces. :)

I still would like to try juniper if some shows up.

Ivey

New User
Ivey
The next time I get ahold of some juniper, I will keep you feller in mind and saw some a little thick!:icon_thum

blkdog09

New User
Chris
I appreciate it Ivey!!!

I like carvign tupelo and all, but if I had a sharp finger nail, I wouldn't need a knife to carve that stuff!!

I can be a little more agressive with the juniper.....plus it smells great!!!

joec

joe
User
Try Jerry Clark out of Tarheel. All they cut is cypress and juniper. 910-866-5698. I guess they are still open, it has been a couple of years since I was there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS