Jumped in...

Status
Not open for further replies.

jerrye

New User
Jerry
Just bought a saw. An entry level model that received fairly good reviews.

I have an idea for a simple stand that I can build, that will work for my current storage situation.

Now, I'm looking for suggestions on videos/web sites for learning and equipment, as well as beginner projects...

TIA!

Raymond

Raymond
Staff member
Corporate Member
Jerry, what type of saw did you buy? I am not trying to be a smart #$$ but they type of saw will help us provide you with a clearer suggestion.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Jerry, since you posted this in the scrollsaw forum I am guessing you bought a scroll saw. IMHO the best beginners book on the market is Scroll Saw Workbook by John Nelson. It is currently in the 3rd addition but any addition would do. Better yet come to the scroll saw workshop we are having at Phil's in January.

519MGvxZF9L._SX384_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

jerrye

New User
Jerry
Jerry, what type of saw did you buy? I am not trying to be a smart #$$ but they type of saw will help us provide you with a clearer suggestion.

Wen 3910

Jerry, since you posted this in the scrollsaw forum I am guessing you bought a scroll saw. IMHO the best beginners book on the market is Scroll Saw Workbook by John Nelson. It is currently in the 3rd addition but any addition would do. Better yet come to the scroll saw workshop we are having at Phil's in January.

519MGvxZF9L._SX384_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg
I will get the book. Thanks for the invitation to the workshop Scott, but that may be a bit far for me... :eek:

Steve_Honeycutt

Chat Administartor
Steve
Go to http://scrollsawworkshop.blogspot.com/ Steve Good's blog and sign up for his daily email - you'll get a scroll saw pattern pretty much every day. There are a lot of other pattern makers and sellers, but Steve's are free and often quite good.

...and he has thousands free in his searchable catalog. Also, Sue Mey has some very nice patterns for sale as well.

Now you can get into bowl making, signs, 3-d ornaments, box making, flower vases, baskets, intarsia, etc. It is amazing what some people are doing with the scroll saw. Your biggest limitation will be that your scroll saw can probably only cut 2" thick material.

When buying blades, I like the Flying Dutchman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS