July 16 workshop at Phil's shop - Sold Out

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
This will be an advanced class. We will be learning how to make a sunrise dovetail.
Screen-Shot-2017-03-23-at-14.00.21-e1490278001262.jpg

This is a complex joint. Students should have already mastered basic hand-cut dovetails
I will supply the wood, workstations and lunch.
Students will need to bring their own hand tools - a list will be sent later
The class will be limited to six students
Cost of the class is the purchase of a dozen raffle tickets - purchased before May 14

Signup here:
1. Graywolf (Richard)
2. Mike Davis
3. jlimey (Jeff)
4. ednl (Ed)
5. Michael Mathews
6. Bear Republic (Steve)

Last edited:

drw

Donn
Corporate Member
That dovetail looks absolutely amazing! Sadly, I have not mastered hand-cut dovetails.

Graywolf

Board of Directors, President
Richard
Staff member
Corporate Member
I have mastered several types of hand cut dovetails, I have yet to tackle the sunrise dovetail. I’d do it strictly for the fun. Sign me up.

Craptastic

Matt
Corporate Member
I think I would just end up sitting there in the workshop in awe. Can't in good conscious take up space just doing that.

Let me work on mortise and tenon's and simple dovetails (without a router) and maybe next time around.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Sign me up!

Anybody that needs help with simple dovetails can come to my shop and learn/practice.
I can teach 2 at a time and if you are taking Phil’s class there will be no charge for mine.

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
I need a couple more

Those that are on the fence. You need to signup and see how well you will do - you will learn so much

And I guarantee a good lunch

GO DUKE

Dee2

Board of Directors, Vice President
Gene
Staff member
Corporate Member
Would love to be there but I've never cut a dovetail.

Michael Mathews

Michael
Corporate Member
I'd like in on this one! I've cut some hand cut dovetails, but I'll be sure to sharpen up my skills before the workshop!

Caseykasem

New User
Casey
This is awesome. Is there room for a fly on the wall? Or maybe a 7th? I’ll buy 20 tickets if I have to. Lol

Last edited:

drw

Donn
Corporate Member
I am looking forward to seeing pictures of the event as well as pictures all of the beautiful sunrise dovetails! On a side note, I plan to work on my hand-cut dovetail technique this summer.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS