JT turning tools CS/Product Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

NCTurner

New User
Gary
I just wanted to share a great customer service/ product review. Wed. night I finally made up my mind that I didn't really want to build my own rotary adapter for my vacuum chuck(PITA.) I had been sharing some emails with Tom Steyer of JT Turning Tools and decided to go that route instead so I placed my order for the Rotary adapter and the HUB. My package was at my door Fri. afternoon. WOW

Upon opening the package I was pleasantly surprised to find my items well packaged. The tools looked great. The rotary adapter is a nice sleek/small design that fit nicely and still allows full use of the hand-wheel on my 3520B. The hub assembly also looked great and fit like a charm.

While both items are pretty self explanatory, the one thing that I did find lacking was any written information. Tom did tell me before hand that he was working to rewrite the instructions for making the vacuum cups, but a quick call to Tom answered my questions. During that same call Tom gave me some other information that I thought valuable enough to share and would suggest be included in a written pamphlet with the tools. This did come after a quick call to Tom.
1. Lubricate the o-rings and shaft of the rotary adapter before installing.
2. Tom also suggests the use of a plastic washer with the aluminum hub adapter. (I would have like to have seen this included).:thumbs_up Side note after talking to Tom the offer was extended to ship me this.
3. The written instructions on making the cups(as previously stated I knew they wouldn't be there)

Over all opinion of both the company and the tools is VERY IMPRESSIVE!

Hub1.jpg

GetAttachment.jpg

Hub3.jpg

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Too high tech for me, never seen any of that, don't know what it is, don't understand it and probably wouldn't fit my lathe anyway.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Thanks Gary. I will have to stop over and check it out in person.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS