JSR Woodworking Cabinetmaking 101 Class Sept. 23-24

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodguy1975

New User
John
I've got a cabinetmaking coming up that covers everything you ever want to know about cabinetmaking. From design, to hardware, to making a 5 peice door we do it all in this 2 day class. In the end the students walk away with a lot of knowledge and an upper cabinet complete with a raised panel door. The system that is taught produces perfectly square face framed cabinets in just two glueups!!!!!!!! Lots of fellow NCwwers have taken the class and all have been more than satisfied. It's a lot of fun and I guarantee you'll learn a bunch or you can come back for more! :-D

Dates: Sept. 23-24
Time: 8-5pm both days.
Duration: 2 Days
Students: 4
Tuition: $200

Required materials:
15 bdft of hardwood 1/2 sheet of 3/4" plywood and 1/2 sheet of 1/4" plywood.

Required tools:
Tape measure
Pad for notes
Pencil

Please post or PM if you are interested.

Thanks,

John

michaelgarner

New User
Michael
sounds like a good class friend. Yet another one I have to miss, but I am going to be hunting you down for your rocker class when I get back. Be blessed friend.

chris99z71

New User
Chris
This is an awesome class! It was alot of fun and John's techinique for cabinet construction is strong and elegant. This is a great class for anyone of any skill level.

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
I have people out that weekend! perhaps next time. Maybe I should cancel all vacations in my store??? and call in sick on the 23rd.

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
John,

For folks that are at a distance from school, are they staying in a local hotel? Camping? Sleeping in your workshop? I can't get to this class (25th anniversary is next week) but I'd like to consider one for the future.

Ray

woodguy1975

New User
John
John,

For folks that are at a distance from school, are they staying in a local hotel? Camping? Sleeping in your workshop? I can't get to this class (25th anniversary is next week) but I'd like to consider one for the future.

Ray

Most have been staying in local hotels. There are lots of them in Hickory. They are running about $50 a night. I've offered to let folks camp out in the back yard, but haven't had anyone take me up on the offer yet. :)

Thanks,

John

chris99z71

New User
Chris
Ray,
I stayed here:
Budget Inn Express
484 Hwy. 70 SW
Hickory, NC 28602
828-322-1740

It's pretty dumpy, but for me to stay one night by myself, it was the cheapest place in town at $38. It's 10-15 minutes from John's house.

michaelgarner

New User
Michael
Most have been staying in local hotels. There are lots of them in Hickory. They are running about $50 a night. I've offered to let folks camp out in the back yard, but haven't had anyone take me up on the offer yet. :)

Thanks,

John

LOL John you shouldn't have said that,,I can camp out with the best of them. I might have to take you up on sleeping on the north forty when I make it up to one of your classes.

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
I expect you are tired of the sand. A close friend of mine who was over there said he could take a shower and as soon as he came out of the tent be covered with sand again.

woodguy1975

New User
John
We still have lots of room in the Cabinetmaking class!!! Right now I only have one student and need at least 2 to run the course.

Just let me know. :)

John

woodguy1975

New User
John
OK, if I get someone to sign up for the class today I'll reduce the tuition to $150 for the class. :) I have a student that really wants it to run, but won't run it just for one person.

John

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
Maybe next time

I would also like to take the course but have to be somewhere that weekend with the family.:-( Thanks for posting and PLEASE let us know when you will run it next time.

woodguy1975

New User
John
Would there be anyone interested if I reschedule for the weekend of Oct. 21st with this class. It looks like the rocker class isn't going to take off so that weekend gets free.

Thanks,

John

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors