Jointing / Planing needed

Elong1080

New User
Eric
I’m a novice woodworker with a small shop in a one-car garage. I am making a farmhouse table and bought the slabs (rough sawn) for the table top from a local lumber yard thinking I’d just butt them together and hit them with a belt sander to smooth them somewhat. Now the wife says she wants a more finished look, meaning I need to have them planed and run through a jointer so I can join them. Do you know of a local woodworker or lumber yard or millworks business who could run these 10 - 12 boards through their planer and jointer for a reasonable fee? The boards vary in width and length, 8” - 12” wide and up to 10’ long

Many thanks In advance.

Jeff

New User
Jeff
What kind of wood do you have and how thick are they? I'd suggest calling the Hardwood Store in Gibsonville and they may do it for you.

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
Raleigh Reclaimed can do this for you. Talk with Billy. They are in North Raleigh

Elong1080

New User
Eric
I can do that if you want to haul them to lexington
Thanks. the boards are new from a local (to the Triad) lumber yard, red oak with maybe a white oak board or two, nothing wider than 12”. I won’t be able to get back to the project for another week or two. Since I’m new to the forum, I’m not sure how to contact anyone without a general post.

Jeff

New User
Jeff
Thanks for the prompt response. I’ll give them a call.

They no longer do that for folks unless you buy the wood from them. It's a new policy started about 1 year ago.
Screen Shot 2020-06-24 at 2.02.12 PM.png

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS