joining on the router table

Status
Not open for further replies.

erasmussen

RAS
Corporate Member
I was edge joining using a large trim bit on the router table, I found this a lot better then using my 4" (next to worthless) joiner:oops:
I got some nice edges:):):):)

DSC01377a.jpg

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Earl, that's using your noggin'. Great tip, the picture explains it all. I moved this to Tips and Tricks, so it will be more easily found by those jointerless or jointer challenged folks looking for a way to get a good straight edge.
Dave:)

jmauldin

New User
Jim
I have done the same thing at times, although I have a very good 6" jointer. But one thing I have done is to make a 8' jig so I can use my router to edge joint a long board that may be too cumbersome to run over a cabinet model. It is also handy with I am away from the shop. I simply took an 8' piece of 1/2 plywood about 6" wide. I then took a piece of 1/4 plywood and attached it on top of the other piece. Simply run the router down the straight edge and you have a perfect straight edge and will always know exactly where to clamp the jig for a cut.
Jim in Mayberry

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
Earl,

I am happy with my Ridgid jointer but this sounds like a terrific tip. This might be a jig that needs to be built for the longer boards or for portability. Thanks

Ray

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS