Joining from Asheville, NC

graylynloomis

New User
Graylyn
Hello all! I have been a longtime reader of the forum and am now finally participating. I work out of my home garage and am slowly building out a shop. Fortunately, I have a dad and brother in the Asheville area who both have fully equipped shops of their own and are happy to let me barge in from time to time.

I grew up in and around a woodworking shop with a dad and grandfather who loved the hobby. Various other woodworking mentors have helped me along the way and I have much more to learn. I look forward to getting to know the community better!

McRabbet

Rob
Corporate Member
I'm adding some info that I should have mentioned in my earlier post. I'm a long-time forum member from Hendersonville and also the President of the Western NC Woodworkers Association. We are a group of woodworkers from the Asheville area that meet once each month to share projects, techniques and teaching about woodworking. We meet at 9:30 AM the second Saturday of each month at the Trinity View Retirement Center (2533 Hendersonville Road, Arden, about 2 miles off I-26 at the Airport exit). We have about 70 members and our meetings are open to guests. Our next meeting on October 8th will feature a program on Slab flattening by one of our senior members.

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Welcome Graylyn,
You would likely enjoy the Western NC Woodworkers Association that Rob (@McRabbet) mentions above, I wish I was a little closer and the "Honey-Do" lists were not SO long on Saturdays!!!

But in the meantime - we all enjoy talking about what we did, what we plan to do and all the (C#@P) that went wrong along the way. Its like having a few hundred friends to commiserate with. LOL

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS