Johnny Walker new "Bottle"

Jeff

New User
Jeff
What is the purpose of switching to a new type of container? Most liquors are already aged in wood barrels before they're put into a "bottle".

Raymond

Raymond
Staff member
Corporate Member
What is the purpose of switching to a new type of container? Most liquors are already aged in wood barrels before they're put into a "bottle".
Yeah but they won't sell it by the barrel now, will they?

tri4sale

Daniel
Corporate Member

" 100% plastic free" and using "sustainability sourced wood" - plastics = bad / wood = good

Oka

Casey
Corporate Member
I guess the question would be what kind of glue did they use and does it cause cancer.....
only in California ??? :p

tri4sale

Daniel
Corporate Member
glass = good too. I've never seen JW Black or Red in anything other than glass.

I'm not sure I've seen any liquor bottle in anything but glass, but I usually shop top shelf brands. Buy hey, since they aren't releasing this till 2021, still have half a year to go pick some up and experiment on the bottle to find the plastic in it!

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
I seem to recall there being some controversy a few years back about liquor being sold in plastic bottles and a concern with the plastic leaching into the 'product'. I guess they got that all straightened out.

drw

Donn
Corporate Member
Not to hijack this thread, but since we are talking about Johnny Walker, my typical buy is JW Black...but, years ago my son and I were in the liquor store at Camp Lejune where he pointed out a bottle of JW "Blue" and asked if I had every tried it; at $140.00 a bottle my answer was "no"! That said, since he was leaving for Afghanistan the next day, I told him when he returned I would buy a bottle and we would celebrate. Fast forward 8 months, I purchased a bottle and along with my son-in-law we did some taste testing. Each of us had a glass of both Black and Blue. I really thought that I would not be able to detect much of a difference, after all I have been known for my inability to detect sour milk. That said, I was amazed, there was a BIG difference...the smoothness of Blue is unbelievable. My typical purchase remains Black, but I have purchased Blue in celebration of his safe return from other deployments.

Last edited:

Skymaster

New User
Jack
Jeff, many other plastic items are deadly, blasted soda can rings kill many turtles, anything that looks like food gets ingested, or entangled. There is a huge gyre in the ocean, whirlpool, bigger than Conneticut with millions of pounds of plastic that we and other countries are trying to figure out how best to clean up. They have found micro plastic waste at the bottom of the Marianna Trench, over 30,000 ft deep. Tis truly a major problem

Oka

Casey
Corporate Member
It is very true, in Hawaii because of the currents a couple of the islands really get the brunt of plastic waste washing on the the shores by the 1000's of lbs every year. So much so, our sand on the beaches has micro pieces in it now that you can see with the naked eye. Hawaii is hyper sensitive to global climate change and ocean trash, you really see how man has been poor stewards of the world.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS