John Wayne AKA THE DUKE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ncdawgs1882

New User
Jonathan
Heres one I just finished for my Grandpa! Wasn't that many cuts just alot of detail in the cuts! But I think it came out good!

DSC02303.JPG

DSC02306.JPG

What I wana do as far as Finishing is a Red & yellow Dye so it looks like the sun is setting in the back ground! Any ideas!?!?

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
Nice work, Jonathan. That didn't come out of a lathe, that's for sure!

:thumbs_up:thumbs_up:thumbs_up:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

:wwink:

RandyJ

Randy
Corporate Member
I can't help with the finishing, Jonathan. You did an awesome job on it though!:icon_thum:notworthy:

jsjordan

New User
Joel Jordan
Jonathan - that is awesome!! :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap The Duke himself would be proud to hang that at the ranch! :icon_thum

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Great job Jonathan. Nice clean lines. I am not much of a painter which is why I scroll. I would check with Rita. She scrolls and paints.

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Wow, that looks great! I know even less than the previous posters about finishing, but let's face it, you could paint it peach and it would STILL be awesome :)

If a scroll saw came with an Undo feature, I'd be sorely tempted to try it. Man that's pretty.

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Fabulous work there, Jonathan!!!!!!!!!!:wav:

A true rendition! How in the world do you guys and gal's do this stuff!!!! I am really taken aback as to how this is done with such precision???:wconfused::wconfused::wconfused::wconfused::wconfused:

I can only dream and wish that I had that level of patience!!!:BangHead::BangHead:

Awesome work!!!!!!:eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc

Wayne

Kyle

New User
Kyle Edwards
that is super.. The Searchers was one of my favorite movies..heck all of them are my favorite movies.

Ncdawgs1882

New User
Jonathan
Wait til you guys see the next two I'm doing both Ships one is a really great pirate ship & the other is more like the Mayflower but both are going to be a test of my nerve & skill!!!

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
"Got any whiskey in this town?" :rotflm:

Very nice job Jonathon! :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap Can't wait to see how you do the sunset and the upcoming ships! :icon_thum

Trent

sapwood

New User
Roger
Looks great Jonathan!
I'm sure your family must be proud of ya :thumbsup:

It looks large. How big is it???

Roger

sawduster

New User
Robert
Nice pattern and nice clean cutting :icon_thum The pic looks like it has orange and yellow tones already ......perhaps some BLO to enhance that and leave it natural ? You could experminet on the cut-outs

Good job !! :eusa_clap

Ncdawgs1882

New User
Jonathan
Nice pattern and nice clean cutting :icon_thum The pic looks like it has orange and yellow tones already ......perhaps some BLO to enhance that and leave it natural ? You could experminet on the cut-outs

Good job !! :eusa_clap
Not Sure what BLO is???

Gofor

Mark
Corporate Member
Not Sure what BLO is???

Boiled Linseed Oil. If you click on the NCWW Info button on the wide banner at the top of the page, the drop down menu will have a tab called NCWW Lexicon. It is a compilation of most of the abbreviations and terms used.

Hope this helps

Go

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Wow, that looks great! I know even less than the previous posters about finishing, but let's face it, you could paint it peach and it would STILL be awesome :)

If a scroll saw came with an Undo feature, I'd be sorely tempted to try it. Man that's pretty.

Peach and THE DUKE will never go together. You must be from out of town. :wwink:

If you are ever inclined I know where you can borrow a scroll saw and it is only a 1/2 mile away. BTW they do have a Undo feature. I have used it many times. It is called the kindling pile. :wsmile:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS