John Deer 959J

Status
Not open for further replies.

clowman

Clay Lowman
Corporate Member
I have to admit, I am a fan of History Channel's Modern Marvels. Recently,
they had a show on "Saws". One of the machines they highlighted was the John Deer 959J. It's an absolute Monster. It can cut down an 18 Inch tree in 1 second, can lift 18, 000 pounds. Check out the link and see the video on it.

The pictures on the web site aren't all that great, but if you can Record the History Channel, check out and see if they are replaying Modern Marvel's "Saws" episode any time soon.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Those are awsome machines. The wheeled Buncher Fellers are pretty spectacular in action also -

Image_3482.jpg

Dave:)

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Cat used to give away tee shirts showing a Cat feller/ buncher with about 4 `16" pines in the clamps. It said "Have you hugged a tree today?" In the past five years, Progress Energy has logged hundreds of acres in my area (Harris Plant). Interesting to watch how trees are cut and handled. Very little hand work, as machines do most of it.

John Reeves

New User
John Reeves
When we started First American Siberian Timber we visited virgin growth forest (in Siberia). The trunks were better than 5' in diameter. The lowest branches were 120 off of the ground. The equipment to handle the logs was beyond description. The equipment to cut the logs was scary.

These mills were several days ride from any city obviously.

The unnerving thing was how drunk these Russians were at 8:00 in the morning while operating the equipment.

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
If you lived in there, a couple hundred miles from the closest city, and members of the oposite sex, what else is there to do but drink?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS