John C. Campbell Folk School???

Status
Not open for further replies.

walnutjerry

Jerry
Senior User
https://www.folkschool.org/index.php?section=subjects&subject_id=11

I found this place online and wondered if anyone had actually taken any of their classes?

I appreciate any feedback that be offered.

Thanks Jim.

Jim--------I have taken classes there and I have taught classes there. It is a good enviroment, at least it was last time I was there. Like anything else, it changes over time so I am not as familiar with the staff and policies as I once was.

Over a time period of about 10+ years---I never saw a negative incident at the place. That should tell you something about the enviroment. The instructors I had were very professional in there craft but down to earth presentations.

Hope this helps---------if you have more questions just ask.:wsmile:

Jerry

Rob

New User
Rob
Both the wife and I took a class there 2 years ago, we're planning on going back next year. We both loved it. IMO you need to actually stay at the school, and get involved to get the full benefit, the food was great, the students and staff was great, we both really enjoyed taking our vacation there. I can't say enough good things about it.

ashley_phil

Phil Ashley
Corporate Member
i grew up not far from there and the school was always part of life back home and the community. great place and great people.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
My daughter took classes and then went back and worked one summer as an intern. She would work two weeks then take class for a week all summer. She loved it and would live there if they let her.

I'm rather fond of the place myself but never had taken a class. Now that I have burst that bubble, maybe someday.

jdulaney

New User
John
Having taken several courses on blacksmithing and luthiery, I love the place. If you go, attend the jam session Friday night, for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS