job site table saw

Status
Not open for further replies.

uncledavid

New User
David
Seeking advice on buying a 10" portable job site table saw, any Ideas, comments, suggestions.....Thanks...David.

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
lots of folks using the folding bosch these days. I don't have one but I hear they are nice.

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
Our company has a Hitachi that works very well too. It's a little weak in the Miter Fence Dept. but does fine for a lightweight unit.

toolferone

New User
Tom
I have used both the Bosch 4100 and the GTS1031. In my opinion the 4100 is leaps and bounds better for woodworking/furniture building. The GTS is fine for smaller job site related stuff. The 2 big differences are the fence and the size of the tabletop. The 4100 is better on both counts. Both use the same motor, so power is not an issue.

wdwrkr

New User
wdwrkr
We use the Dewalt saw.
Best feature about it is the rack and pinion rip fence adjuster - probably the next best thing to an Incra fence.
Worst feature is the blade lift mechanism that has a short radius handle and gets difficult to adjust, which requires frequent cleaning and lubrication.

Jeff

New User
Jeff
+1 to the Bosch folding unit. I have the older model 4000 and it has proven to be a durable workhorse for my needs. Well engineered and constructed right out of the box with virtually no initial tune-up needed.

It performs well even with a full kerf (1/8") rip blade on a 20 amp circuit.

SubGuy

Administrator
Zach
I have used both the Bosch 4100 and the GTS1031. In my opinion the 4100 is leaps and bounds better for woodworking/furniture building. The GTS is fine for smaller job site related stuff. The 2 big differences are the fence and the size of the tabletop. The 4100 is better on both counts. Both use the same motor, so power is not an issue.
+1 go with Bosch!

manfre

New User
Manfre
Which ever one you buy, make sure it has a standard miter slot so you are not restricted if you want to upgrade the miter gauge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS