JJP12-HH J/P Combo VS. SawStop

Status
Not open for further replies.

blbradford

New User
Bruce
Couple of weeks ago some of our colleagues stopped by and toured my shop and wood projects. I discussed my desires to replace my BT3100 TS with a SawStop PCS. They indicated that the BT3100 was not the POS that I thought it was. I also pointed out that I have been bumming off my neighbors Jointer Blades ( as well as many other tools- he has everything:notworthy:) as I am without a jointer AND planer.

I was easily talked into dropping the idea of a new SawStop PCS and belly up for a new J/P Combo. :eusa_doh:I have been looking on CL for months for a quality Jointer but nothing really tickled my fancy. I wanted "something" in MY shop that would be "buy one forever". After recommendations, forum reviews and shopping, yesterday morning I pulled the trigger and bought a JJP12-HH (Toolnut).:icon_cheers YIPPIE~!:banana: It is a total overkill for my little projects, but at least I have something my neighbor will want to use of mine :).

Now the weird part-I ordered it in yesterday morning and it shipped YESTERDAY AFTERNOON!! It arrives tomorrow..... Uh oh ~ I better get the 220V pulled ASAP.

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Congrats Bruce! Yeah, you better get power organized in a hurry. And I suggest you don't skimp on the electrical and run a couple extra 220V circuits. The "tool high" doesn't last long, that SawStop will still be calling to you :)

decibel

New User
Patrick
Congrats Bruce! You will love that jointer as it's one of the best things I've bought and have loved it. However don't believe it will give you a reprieve from "needing" that sawstop. It's been a little over a year and the "need" for a sawstop has crept back in for me :wwink:

Once you pull some 220 outlets (not plural as Bas said) you'll discover you need big band saws, cabinet saws and anything else you can throw on the big juice.

Hope you have some help lined up to move that thing around, it's a wee bit heavy. I almost took my neighbor out with mine:no:

Enjoy your new purchase. We fully expect pictures or I'll think you're fibbing.:tool:

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
Bruce,

Congratulations on the new Jet J/P. I agree with your choice, because I had a BT3000 when they first came out and I loved it. Even though I now have a Jet cabinet saw ( more space now for it) I never had any complaints with the Ryobi.

Good luck,

manfre

New User
Manfre
Congrats! That's a really fast turn around time to get a freight delivery to your house.

Rhythm House Drums

New User
Kevin
I dont know much about the other saw... But I recently (Jan.) got a 3hp sawstop. I went all out and got the 36" table and mobile base. For a few more months I think they are offering a free overhead dust collection on those...

I love it, couldn't be happier. I read all the reviews and all the complaints that the saw is overpriced.. Again, I love it, and I love the feeling of confidence that it is a saw that will last. I also like the super efficient dust collection, which was ultimately my choice for that saw. I'm careful and I know the major cause of injury is kickback.. but it's nice to know that if I want to feel how fast the blade is moving, I wont get too badly hurt. Of course I'm upgrading from a 100 dollar lowes contractor saw.. haha.

Funny story.. (not really) I was playing with my adze on some walnut and for some reason was doing it on top of the table saw table.. I slipped and put a nice dent in the cast iron extension table... some sanding got it smooth again, but it's no fun to mar a brand new.

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Funny story.. (not really) I was playing with my adze on some walnut and for some reason was doing it on top of the table saw table.. I slipped and put a nice dent in the cast iron extension table... some sanding got it smooth again, but it's no fun to mar a brand new.
I see a market for the AdzeStop here :) But congrats on the stealth gloat (pictures!) :tool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS