Jingle bell rock Part Deux

Status
Not open for further replies.

sawduster

New User
Robert
i will not clutter this up with a bunch of text ........I think the pics tell the story just fine :gar-Bi

jingle_bell_rock.JPG

jingle_bell_rock2.JPG

jingle_bell_rock3.JPG

jingle_bell_rock4.JPG

jingle_bell_rock5.JPG

Merry Chrstmas everyone ...thanx for lookin' :D

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
Ya done good, Bro.:icon_thum One happy little Cowboy. Too bad you didn't show us the smile on Grandpa's face.

RandyJ

New User
Randy
Looks like the little cowpoke appreciates the old cowpoke's handiwork.

Good on ya, Gramps.

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Just like a duck to water!!!!:icon_cheers

He is gonna enjoy that for years to come.

Wayne

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
Really nice looking horse. What is it made out of? Did you mainly use a band saw to cut out the shapes? Did you have a pattern or did you just wing it? Why am I asking so many questions?

Never mind the questions - found the other thread which answers most of them.

Last edited:

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
git dat cowpolk a six shooter and some chewin backy and he's all set to round up dem doggies! :icon_thum:icon_thum

sawduster

New User
Robert
Ya done good, Bro.:icon_thum One happy little Cowboy. Too bad you didn't show us the smile on Grandpa's face.

Grandpa actually spent some time behind his bandanna trying not to let everyone see his waterworks leaking :eek: It was an emotion that caught me quite by surprise !
........if there was a drug to replicate that, I'd be worthless :gar-La;

sawduster

New User
Robert
Really nice looking horse. What is it made out of? Did you mainly use a band saw to cut out the shapes? Did you have a pattern or did you just wing it? Why am I asking so many questions?

I'm a pattern guy ......I'll wing some changes to the pattern but I ain't no Fred P :D the original pattern called for 4 pieces of 3/4 ply for the body and did not have dowels in the legs
The middle is poplar and I cut that with a jigsaw. The outsides are walnut cut with the scrollsaw. The legs are Sapele cut with the scrollsaw ( not for the faint of heart ) Saddle is maple and ambrosia maple cut with the scrollsaw. Rockers are maple glue-ups cut with the scrollsaw. Cutting the body in 3 peices made for a lot of sanding to flush the edges but I was reasonably accurate cutting the outside pieces so it wasn't too very bad.
i have the pattern if you would like it. It's pretty simple which is why it only took me a month and a half :rotflm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS