Jigsaw Blade Discussion thread

Hobie1dog

New User
Marty
I searched through the forum and found one that talked about Saws, and it had a few comments about Bosch being recommended. Searching again on Ebay shows lots of blades. I got a Rockwell BladeRunner yesterday which is perfect for my hobby/rocket building parts. Other then fancy packaging there's no way to tell quality and cutting ability. We were using Bi-Metal blades at the pipe organ building shop years ago. So what's your favorite brand and series/name of blade?

JimD

Jim
Senior User
I use my Bosch barrel grip jig saw pretty often and keep a selection of blades handy. I cut metal with it so I need some of those blades for both thin and thick metal plus fast cutting wood blades and clean cut blades and the little thin scroll saw type blades. I like bosch blades but I buy what I can easily find when I need more. I bought some at Home Depot last time, not sure the brand, I think it was their house brand or something. It was an assortment. I have not found that "good" versus "cheap" blades were terribly different. Both work, maybe good ones work longer but both wear out.

Hobie1dog

New User
Marty
The Saw came with seven or eight blades, just an assortment, but when I get ready to go buy some extra blades I just want to buy some really good ones that will give me a long service life and superior cutting ability. I just don't want to go out and buy cheap blades with poor performance. Thanks Mark for the suggestions.

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Marty @Hobie1dog does the Rockwell BladeRunner use jigsaw blades or scroll saw blades?

Hobie1dog

New User
Marty
Bosch T380B Xtra-Clean (Straight)
Bosch T308B0 Xtra-Clean (Curve)
With a zero clearance insert on a Bosch 1590 series jigsaw I get cuts as smooth as my band saws.
Looking all over Google, Ebay, page after page, I cannot find any T380B blades, only the 308 model.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS