Jigs, horizontal mortiser, wooden bandsaw and more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jesse

New User
Jesse
I'm inclined to build a horizontal mortiser based on this fella's design. He also has some fantastic jigs. If nothing else, check out the band-saw he made out of wood!

http://woodgears.ca/

Mt. Gomer

New User
Travis
yep, that's a pretty cool site. I've ooohd and aaaaaahhhhd over some of his jigs for some time now. The BS is especially cool, my favorite bit is his blade tensioning mechanism...

Trav

Gregory Paolini

New User
Gregory Paolini
I'm partial to the horizontal mortiser that I designed - It was featured in FWW a half dozen years ago or so, and let me tell you, it works fast!

I know there are at least a few members here that have either used my slot mortiser, or have seen it in use. Everyone who sees it wants one, so I've actually recruited an expert draftsman to work on the plans for it, with cut lists, sources, etc... - We should have them wrapped up in the next couple of weeks...

http://www.gregorypaolini.com/WWClasses/Classes_Catalog.htm#Jigs

Here's a link for a photo of it - The one I use now all the time is the 3 axis, or Revised, version of the tool

Hope this helps

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
His bandsaw is one of my "i can do it" motivational videos.

I'm just glad we woodworkers got him on our side!

Jim

Jesse

New User
Jesse
@ Jim-"His bandsaw is one of my "i can do it" motivational videos."
-Me too Jim, me too!

@ Gregory- The thing I like about the slot mortiser from the site I posted is that the power head moves. When I'm working on a large piece of wood I don't have to worry about a large moving table. This allows the repeatable accuracy of this guy's design to be a couple of thousandths of an inch which makes multiple tenons on one joint feasible. It also means that you can set the work piece on any simple support since it doesn't have to move.

PurpleThumb

New User
Jerry
I've wanted a Multi-Router for years. I used to drool every time David Marks used his on his TV show, but the $3500 price tag made me choke. After using Greg Paolini's while building a Bow Arm Morris Chair, I am sold. I emailed Greg earlier this week and told him I wanted to schedule a time to build one with him in the fall. For my use his is wonderful and doesn't need dedicated floor space in the shop the way others I've seen do.(one this month in FWW digital edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS