Jig(s) workshop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe Scharle

New User
Joe
If there's any interest in a jig(s) making workshop at my shop, I'd be happy to host. Let me know if you're interested.
Joe

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
yes!:icon_thum hope we can get something set up that works. my scedual is erratic at best!:rotflm:

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
I for one can vouch for Joe's Awesome Jig's!!!!:gar-La;:gar-La;

Joe has graciously given me ideas, plans and help in building plenty of jigs that I use on a regular basis. (ie boxjoint jig, universal Xcut sled, taper jig, dado jig, tenon cuting jig, router motor holder for bit changes, miter sled .........the list goes on!:icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum)

For those of you are interested, Rocker currently has their T-track kits on sale for 50% off.

http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?page=5209&filter=t track

(Also, try entering promotion code V9704 at the checkout and receive free shipping through 11/8/08.)

Buy a couple of kits and you should have plenty of t-track, bolts and knobs to get busy building Joe's fine shopmade accessories! (Don't forget to use the Rockler linky from our site to order your t-track kits!)

This is an excellent opportunity to "Learn from the Jig Master".

Thanks for offering this great opportunity, Joe!!!:icon_chee:icon_chee:icon_chee

Wayne

(I've also heard that he can do a mean Newfie Jig too, with the right music!)

Last edited:

Joe Scharle

New User
Joe
OK. The people have spoken!
I'm mostly retired so any day is fine for me. However, I know some of you are still renting your cubicles M-F so I can do Saturdays as well. Also, I think that my shop is so [STRIKE]messy [/STRIKE]small that groups of 4 at a time would be best. Simple jigs shouldn't take more than 2-3 hours and complex jigs can be done in segments. I've got company this W/E, but am available after that. So, do we have 4 people for 11/15 from 1-3 for say the thin part ripping jig and prep for a dado/tenon or other jig?

If some folks want to meet during the week, pls let me/us know.
Joe

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
So, do we have 4 people for 11/15 from 1-3 for say the thin part ripping jig and prep for a dado/tenon or other jig?

If some folks want to meet during the week, pls let me/us know.
Joe
I'll double check this evening, but 11/15 should work for me! How do you want to handle materials - BYOP (Bring Your Own Plywood), or BYOM (Bring Your Own Money). Either one is fine with me.

And thanks for offering this Joe, this is really fantastic. It's amazing how useful a tool becomes with the right jig. :eusa_clap:eusa_danc:notworthy:

Joe Scharle

New User
Joe
OK Bas & Geoff; we've got you 2 and room for 2 more on the 15th. All you need to bring is a 6" X 48" piece of 3/4" MDF and a handle for a push block or material to make one. A 3" X 8" piece of 1/8" hardboard. Not everyone may have this stuff. Let me know and I will pick some up and you can buy it from me at a highly inflated markup!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors