Jewelry Armoire, Updated Pics

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeftyTom

Tom
Corporate Member
Here is the latest step in my progress. I was all ready to mount the door Sunday, but I did not like th hinges I had selected. So, off to Rockler to order some other hinges and a few other things (last day free shipping).

Monday evening came around, and I had marked the wall to mount my LOML's anniversary gift (April 24...life got in the way of me completing it on time). Being impetuous, I mounted it with the door.
IMG_1708.jpg
IMG_1709.jpg
IMG_1712.jpg
IMG_1824.jpg
IMG_1825.jpg

sapwood

New User
Roger
Nice job, Tom :icon_thum
I really like the cedar.
No doubt, the LOYL will treasure the project more than the jewelry that fills it!

Roger

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Really nice. I am growing to really like cedar. The awesome colors that it has with just a little poly on it have me really intrigued about using it. Your project is beautiful.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
See I knew you could do it :icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum
Please post pics with the door attached.

Dave:)

LeftyTom

Tom
Corporate Member
I forgot to mention that the only metal fasteners are the brads holding the back in place. I used dowels in all the joints (a first-time endeavor). I made the pegs (for hanging necklaces) on the router table.

The project was done using the strict guidelines of DAYG. :wink_smil I worked from my rough sketches (a polite of saying my drafting skills leave much to be desired).

DaveO

New User
DaveO
I wouldn't have guessed a mirrored door...great idea. I like how you framed it with the matching sapwood, nice detail.

Dave:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS