Jet sander spindle

Strom

Strom
Senior User
I have a Jet floor model sander. Mod 700 I think. Any one ever sucsessfully removed the paper from a one inch spindle once it has been used. Mine is solidly stuck to the spindle and will not budge. I 'm about to cut it off but that means the end of that paper. Thanks

kserdar

Ken
Senior User
Don't take this wrong, but ...

A quick google search for "jet floor model sander" or "jet floor model sander mod 700" tells me nothing about your machine.
A picture would help.

It sounds like you are asking about a spindle sander - but that might be a very bad guess.

zapdafish

Steve
Corporate Member
Have you removed the spindle? If its like my BOSS tightening the spindle down expands the spindle so the paper is held on tight. I was just shopping Klingspor online for some spindle paper and its pretty cheap if you have to cut it off.

Strom

Strom
Senior User
Thanks for the replys. I actually did try to freeze the spindle . I finally just cut off the paper yesterday and found the spindle had rusted beneath paper. This of couse caused the spindle to increase in size enough that the paper would never slide off.
LESSON learned obviously the spindle heated up whiles sanding and then cooled and was covered in condensation. From now on I will remove the paper after an extended session.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS