Jet Jointer model JJ-6CSX Bell Crank Broken

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrAudio815

New User
Matthew
Hello NCWW's,

I borrowed my Uncles Jointer, What a mess. I cleaned all the rust, I put new blades in.

How do I get this thing apart to fix the real problem?

Here are some pictures to help:

The Real Problem... I didn't know about the locking pin and so when I went to raise the bed I broke the Bell crank top lever which raises the bed~!

How do I get this thing apart to replace this part?

Thanks~!

Matthew

Thanks for the help/advice~!

Matthew

Last edited:

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
Re: Need More Help With Jet Jointer model JJ-6CSX

look at both sides of the infeed table. there was a spring loaded pin with a knob on mine when new. it is there to prevent something or other.:dontknow: don't remember exactly what but the dealer told me not to install it because it causes the problem you describe. remove that assembly and it should move freely both direction.:icon_thum

MrAudio815

New User
Matthew
Re: Need More Help With Jet Jointer model JJ-6CSX

look at both sides of the infeed table. there was a spring loaded pin with a knob on mine when new. it is there to prevent something or other.:dontknow: don't remember exactly what but the dealer told me not to install it because it causes the problem you describe. remove that assembly and it should move freely both direction.:icon_thum

In any of these pictures is the spring loaded pin you are talking about?

Back side of infeed table

I tried lossening the springy thing in my hand so it was not touching the bed at all, I then tried to raise the bed, didn't work. I tried to lower the bed and I got to the middle of the threads before it started moving the bed lower. I then tried to raise the bed again and not luck, the thing around the threads seems to jam at the end of the threads on the bed??? What is wrong with this thing?

:BangHead:

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
Re: Jet Jointer model JJ-6CSX infeed table jammed

yep thats it. remove the entire assembly. it is some sort of limiter stop and is not needed. the screws that are used to attach it sometimes interfere with the movement of the beds. if it doesn't help yu can always put it back on.......while you are there get some lubrication on those threaded rods.:icon_thum

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member

after you loosened the lever did you pull the knob out?:wconfused: it is also spring loaded and goes into a hole in the bed.

MrAudio815

New User
Matthew

yep thats it. remove the entire assembly. it is some sort of limiter stop and is not needed. the screws that are used to attach it sometimes interfere with the movement of the beds. if it doesn't help yu can always put it back on.......while you are there get some lubrication on those threaded rods.:icon_thum

By entire assembly do you mean the odd shaped rectangle thing mount to the jointer via two allen key bolts?

...................................................................................................l
...................................................................................................l
..................................................................................................V
P1140235.JPG

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member

By entire assembly do you mean the odd shaped rectangle thing mount to the jointer via two allen key bolts?

l
l
V
P1140235.JPG

yes. all it does is stop you from making too big of cut if I recall. Mine has been residing at the dump for over five years and I have had zero issues with the joiner. it has no function other than being a PITA so far as I can tell.......

MrAudio815

New User
Matthew

Alright I will take it off~!

Thanks Fred~! I will let you know how it turned out.

Matthew

bobby g

Bob
Corporate Member

Matthew,

I don't think that you need to remove the whole assembly. Pull the knob out as Fred said. That should do it. If I remember correctly, you can rotate it and it will remain disengaged. Do you have an owner's manual/ I think this quirky thing is mentioned. DAMHIK

bobby g

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member

Matthew,

I don't think that you need to remove the whole assembly. Pull the knob out as Fred said. That should do it. If I remember correctly, you can rotate it and it will remain disengaged. Do you have an owner's manual/ I think this quirky thing is mentioned. DAMHIK

bobby g

I think you are right about rotating it to hold it in the disengaged position IF the roll pin hasn't broken off or fallen out.:gar-La; I forgot that feature..... nice catch bobby!:icon_thum

Skymaster

New User
Jack

LET me go check mine on the rotation thing

NOPE spring operated as Fred said it is to restrict the machine to a 1/8 max cut for safety, just pull the knob out and crank the table back up to less that an 1/8 cut and let go the pin will stay out and all is well

MrAudio815

New User
Matthew

Welp I found out what really happened, as it was still not going up after I removed the entire assembly.

I broke the bell crank lever that makes it move the bed upwards. It moves down, not up, ha ha ha. This STINKS~! At least my uncle will have a much better running machine when I am done with it.

Now I have to take the bed off to get to it, I think??? Not sure how to do that? Or what process I need to take to get to it?

Any advice/tips?

Skymaster

New User
Jack

You can get the manual online OR CALL 1-800-274-6842 Ext 1322 and ask Dave :gar-Bi This is the best way I found

bob vaughan

Bob Vaughan
Senior User
That jointer is one of the early Jet copies of the Delta 37-220. Some of the minor knobs and other parts will differ, but the principles will be the same. Swing over to OWWM.com and look up the info on the 37-220.

As I remember, that machine has to be removed from the stand, laid on its side, and then the beds come off upwards. The cutterhead is first removed, then there's a large bolt underneath that's removed. The gibs on the side of the main casting will have to be loosened to make bed movement easier.

jointer manual

jointer manual2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS