Jet 1442VS Tailstock Broken Part ..Help !!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flute Maker

Mike
User
I have a Jet 1442VS wood lathe. This morning I was putting a flute in the lathe and tightening up the tailstock......just pushed the long arm that locks the tailstock in place and the bolt underneath the bed sheared off and now I can't tighten my tailstock down. I don't then I tightened it to much at all....At a first glance I don't see this in the parts list in the manual or really even the tailstock parts period but right now Im in a hurry ( I know its got to be in there) ...Ill have to contact Jet....Has anyone ever had this happen? Do you know of "the" right person to contact ? And is their a way I can lock it down until a part gets here??? Right now I'm in a holding point on lathe work!!!

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Can you take the bolt out to see if it is a standard hardware store item?

If you can get it out take it to Home depot or Lowe's as they are open on Sunday.

cliff56

cliff
Corporate Member
good evening mike, you might find the bolt at lowes but customer service at jet is very good and fast at leat my experience was when the motor went out on my 1642 lathe last year no questions shipped one out fast.

good luck, cliff

Flute Maker

Mike
User
Thanks Cliff and everybody. I probably could find the bolt but it was attached to a collar that slid and locked the tailstock in place......I will call Jet tomorrow...Thanks !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS