Jet 14" Band Saw

Status
Not open for further replies.

jobelenus

New User
bigjohn
I am having an issue with the table on my saw - I can't seem to get it to stay in the 100% flat and level position. No matter how hard I try to tighten those lousy hand nuts it always eventually works loose - Just curious if anyone else has had this issue and has found an answer

Thanks

John .

MarkE

Mark
Corporate Member
I am having an issue with the table on my saw - I can't seem to get it to stay in the 100% flat and level position. No matter how hard I try to tighten those lousy hand nuts it always eventually works loose - Just curious if anyone else has had this issue and has found an answer

Thanks

John .

Maybe a drop of blue loctite on the threads will keep the nuts from loosening up.

ehpoole

Administrator
Ethan
Another possibility:

Although it should be a flat washer that makes contact with the table-trunion assembly, you should have a split washer between the knob(s) and that flat washer. If the split washer is missing then the slightest bit of vibration will result in loosening because cast iron does not compress much under hand-tightening conditions. The split washer provides that compression to lock things in place and resists vibration. It is also a good idea to ensure that there is no grease between the flat washer and table-trunion assembly as this is an area where friction is desirable.

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
I don't know about your Jet, but my Delta has a bolt under the table that adjusts table to stay at 90 degrees. It's located on the frame casting on inside rear of table. Set table to 90 (off blade), adjust bolt to just contact bottom of table, then pressing down on table over bolt, tighten knobs. Works for me.

jobelenus

New User
bigjohn
Thanks everybody for the ideas - that bolt is adjusted to 90 - I will disassemble the top to double check that I didn't screw it up when I assembled it....(washers). The issue is that no matter how hard I tighten those handles I can still make the table move out of 90 - Thanks for the input, let me check all the things you guys mentioned first -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS