Jelly Cupboard Build Update Got my Paint on **** FINISHED **** 06/19/10

Status
Not open for further replies.

rcflyer23

Kevin
Corporate Member
Well I couldn't let my dad(JCraig) have all the fun. I have had this Jelly Cupboard staring me in the face for a who knows probably a few months and finally decided it was time to get it out of the shop.

I used milk paint on the inside and out with the exception of the top which I stained and am waiting on the clear to dry so I can wet sand it a little bit. I also Used the milk paint clear coat. I like that stuff it evens out the milk paint and makes it look really nice. Anyway. I have to cut the cross pieces on the door and paint them and get them attached then I will be done well outside of putting the door on.

Here are some of the pics.
IMG_4014_1164x800.JPG

View image in gallery

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Re: Jelly Cupboard Build Update Got my Paint on

Looks great Kevin! :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap Man, you've been busy! :thumbs_up:thumbs_up

rcflyer23

Kevin
Corporate Member

Thanks Trent. I am trying to keep several projects going at once which is probably not a smart idea. I will get this one finished up I have to do a couple of pens for a neighbor for fathers day and then finish the guitar. Then on to another guitar and a Pie Safe like my dad built.

JCraig

New User
Jerry

Looks really good. Think I want to be like you when I grow up:gar-Bi

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member

Nice job, Kevin! It looks great, and I really like the way the milk paint looks. :icon_thum I know what you mean about multiple projects at once. I've got 3 going right now. Every time I get into one, something more urgent (according to SWMBO) pops and I get sidetracked. Oh well.

Bill

rcflyer23

Kevin
Corporate Member

Nice job, Kevin! It looks great, and I really like the way the milk paint looks. :icon_thum I know what you mean about multiple projects at once. I've got 3 going right now. Every time I get into one, something more urgent (according to SWMBO) pops and I get sidetracked. Oh well.

Bill

Glad it's not only me that gets like that. Sometimes I feel very ADD with my woodworking. This one I honestly let drag on way longer than I should have. I don't know why. I think I goofed on it in a couple of places and had to walk away from it for a bit. I just got fed up with having to move it around to work on other projects so it has to be out this week. It did make me clean the shop which was good it needed it. I didn't want to billion saw dust particles getting into the paint so I took the broom, vacuum and leaf blower and cleaned the shop up before painting.

jhreed

New User
james

A little father & son competition is a good thing, especially since you are able to loan plans & tools between you.
Jerry, as far as wanting to be like him when you grow up!!

I never intend to grow up. Being a kid from time to time is too much fun.
James

JCraig

New User
Jerry

A little father & son competition is a good thing, especially since you are able to loan plans & tools between you.
Jerry, as far as wanting to be like him when you grow up!!

I never intend to grow up. Being a kid from time to time is too much fun.
James

James, I plan not growing up for a long time. I enjoy having fun also. Besides I have to stay a kid, I have Kevin's son to go out and play with now. He's 3 1/2 years old, I know he calls me "Grandpa" but that's cause he don't know I'm still a Kid:gar-Bi

rcflyer23

Kevin
Corporate Member

I got the door finished and in paint now I just need to put the knob on. We were going to do punched tin but for now we are going to just put chicken wire on the inside of the door. We may still do punched tin later but this is being used in a bathroom so we wanted to see what we thought with it sort of open.

T

toolferone

It is a nice looking piece. I keep saying I want to use milk paint on a project, but haven't yet. Did you use the powdered milk paint? I am curious about the door design. Most doors I see have the vertical stiles going full lengh and the rails fitting in between. Is there a reason you choose this design?

rcflyer23

Kevin
Corporate Member

It is a nice looking piece. I keep saying I want to use milk paint on a project, but haven't yet. Did you use the powdered milk paint? I am curious about the door design. Most doors I see have the vertical stiles going full lengh and the rails fitting in between. Is there a reason you choose this design?

I really like the milk paint. I do suggest using the Milk Paint Clear coat as well. It was the powdered Milk paint that you have to mix with water. It mixes pretty well just make sure you have a big enough jar and use warm to hot water.

As far as the door no real reason for the design. It's a half lap joint, if I had used the other side of the door it would like you are talking about. :gar-Bi I guess I just like to be different. :gar-La;

It's a new style I am inventing it's called Grover Style, give it 200 years and it will be up there with Shaker and G&G :rotflm: :BangHead:

T

toolferone

I really like half laps, nice and easy and really strong. thanks for the tips on the millk paint.

rcflyer23

Kevin
Corporate Member

I really like half laps, nice and easy and really strong. thanks for the tips on the millk paint.

Yeah I like them as well it was the first time I had used them. I also ran dowels through the joint as well its a little hard to tell in the pics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS