JDS gloatamus maximus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shamrock

New User
Michael
After much searching and wheeling and dealing I've finally bought a used JDS multi-router:eusa_danc:eusa_danc. I bought it from Hermance machinery out of PA and I would highly recommend these folks to anyone looking to buy used machines. They packaged this one up VERY-VERY well, it arrived to me in better condition than I would have dreamed.

jds_and_bath_remodel_028_Small_.jpg

View image in gallery

This one came with the stand, air clamps, and a new porter cable vs router. No templates though sooooooo.......

For those of you that own 1

1) what template sizes do you use the most?

2) what bits are you using? carbide upcuts or the JDS end mills

Thanks, super excited about trying this thing out

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Nice score man! :eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc Wish I could offer some advice on templates and bits but this is the first I've heard of such a device. :eusa_thin

bwat

New User
Bill
V E R Y nice! I hear you can take precision to a new level with these and in a fraction of the time. Looking forward to your review.

bobby g

Bob
Corporate Member
Shamrock,

Congratulations! I use carbide spiral upcut bits and they work great. It is sooo easy to cut accurately placed mortices with this machine that it's hard to keep the grin off my face each time I use it. I don't have any templates yet so I can't offer anything on that. Did you get the video?

bobby g

Glennbear

Glenn
Congratulations Michael, you might want to contact Touchwood and/or search his threads. He purchased a similar machine earlier this year. :wsmile:

Shamrock

New User
Michael
Steve,

I think they only had the one. But if you do the craigslist search they do pop up.

Just go to google and type in JDS multi-router site:craigslist.org and it'll bring up any multi routers that are currently listed. Right now there is just 1 listing that still active in Dallas, TX but that machine is over 15 years old and he still wants $2000. ( I know cause I made him a much lower offer)

Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS