JDS Air-Tech 750-ER

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
I have been looking at adding a good air cleaner/filter to my shop. Based on my limited research, I am thinking about purchasing the JDS Air-Tech 750-ER. I have to keep the cost under $400. Anyone have any feedback on that unit?

dancam

Dan
Corporate Member
I looked at the JDS and also the Jet (JET 708620B AFS-1000B 550/702/1044 CFM 3 Speed Air Filtration System with Remote and Electrostatic Pre-Filter) and I decided on the Jet. I've been completely satisfied with it. The price dif is about $100 less than the JDS.

Check out Amazon, I think you can get free shipping and there might also be a 20% power tool discount.

Good luck and good shopping.

Dan C.

T

toolferone

I really like the JDS. According to FW it has the best ratio of airflow to dust capture. The remote has a readout on it to see what speed and timer setting you are on instead of trying to see the little led's on the others. Also the prefilter on the JDS is a washable reusable electrostatic filter. The Jet is disposable. JDS has been doing filters for a really long time. I also like the fiberglass air disfusier on the output.

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
Scott - I too have been thinking about getting a similar unit. If you want, if you can negotiate a better price from a vendor by buying two units instead of one, I'll split the costs with you.

Scott

garymuto

New User
Gary
I've had the Jet AFS 1000B. I didn't really research the purchase, but I'm happy with it. Once you buy one, you wonder why you waited so long.

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
I have the JDS 8-12 (similar unit, just a little larger). It's a nice to have in the shop and does a great job of circulating, and filtering, the air. Mine doesn't have the fancy remote, but does have two speeds (though I've never changed the speed since I bought it, it's always on "high"). I would recommend it.

Tip - Keep and eye on CraigsList. I've seen a couple in the past few months on there. I bought mine used in nearly new condition for $225.

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
i got the JDS 750 for christmas last year and it does great! I hung it near the bench that I sand at. What a difference!:icon_thum

DIYGUY

New User
Mark
I second the suggestion about watching CL - that is how I ended up with my JDS last month. I cannot say enough good things about the unit. It came with a very handy remote, it has great features and as already stated, the dust collection is truly wonderful.

I do not know about other units (such as the Jet) and this is my first one of its kind, but so far I have nothing but praise.

While I am on the subject may I please have a gloat? The unit was two years old when I bought it and it looked as if it had never been turned on, or if so for less than an hour. Here is my gloat - the unit was located less than a mile from my house and I paid $160 for it.

:eusa_danc

DaveO

New User
DaveO
I have the Jet 1000B and I am very happy with it. It makes a huge difference in my shop. I bought it used, so I didn't have much "shopping" choices. I am amazed as to how quiet it is (leading to running it more often). I need a new filter for it, as it was pretty dirty when I bought it.

Dave:)

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
I have the JDS and have been very please with it. There is an optional charcoal filter That does a great job of keeping down and/or removing fumes

Cuprousworks

Mike
User
I have the 750 and I'm very happy with it. It's quiet and appears to be built like a tank. This is in addition to the good points made above - the remote is easy to use, the timer makes it even easier, and I like the rinsable filter.

If I didn't have the rinsable filter I would probably have rigged up a pre-filter with those cheap disposable filters to get better life from the expensive filters. Nice that this unit is plug and I play!

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS