January 2015, Member Monthly Contest - Shop Storage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
This is our second monthly contest. I have been looking forward to seeing the entries. I am sure seeing these entries will provide many ideas and inspiration to those of us that have more than one miscellaneous drawer - I cannot be the only one.

Henry W

Henry
Corporate Member
Phil: Did I miss the first one - because I don't recall the topic.
Is there a place I should look for more formal announcements?

Henry

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
To enter just post photos and description of your best storage solution. Voting will start the last week of January and the winner will receive $25. The December entries for holiday gifts made can be found in this same forum. Somehow some guy named Phil got the most votes - there is no way he will be a contender in this category

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
there is no way he will be a contender in this category

I think he should enter - I know for a FACT he has a lot of "Stuff" stored in his shop!:rotflm:

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Ill Start.....I like organizing specialty tools in their own box.

Dowelmax and accessories box (Sapele & Maple)....

100_5933.JPG

100_5934.JPG

Worksharp glass plates and sandpaper/accessories box(Pine)....
100_5961.JPG

100_5964.JPG

Case for my IBOX boxjointing jig (Zebrawood)....​

100_4821.jpg

100_4820.jpg

All can be tucked away in a cabinet or on a shelf and protected from the "elements".

Wayne​

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
Okay, I'll start it off. This is a sanding cabinet I built a few years ago. I use a lot of different grits of paper, including flat sheets and Hook & Loop sheets for power sanders. This allows me to find what I need quickly. There are more pics in this album.

222.JPG

Oops, Wayne beat me to it. Beautiful boxes Wayne. Can I withdraw mine? :)

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
Wayne and Bill, those are all great. They solve the storage need and also showoff your craftsmanship - nicely done

Hmerkle

Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Wayne those boxes are REALLY nice - do I just e-mail my dimensions and what I want to put in the ones you are making for me? :eusa_thin

Hmerkle

Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Bill,
I love that sanding cabinet - I had to go and look in the album becasue I thought that was the one were you pointed out the little leather pulls when someone was asking - those are a REALLY nice feature!

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
Are we going to limit the number of entrees per member this time? If not, I might have something else I could enter. :)

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
To Bill's question, multiple entries are allowed and encouraged, but you might end up doing what Phil did last month and beating yourself.

And Mike, we're not counting that close. If you enter the same item 3 months in a row, we might call foul, but likely would just let the voting take care of it.

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
Fred you have to tel us what it is for and go into a little detail on the "fancy blue latch!":rotflm:

well Hank... It kinda matches the REST of my shop storage solutions!:rotflm: Once the thingamabob that WAS in the box comes out it aint never goin back in so it's an AIR storage box! just in case I quit breathing I can use the box to catch me breath.:icon_thum

Joe Scharle

New User
Joe
Not as nice as Wayne's and Bill's, but I needed storage in a hurry. Made of leftovers...even the paint!

Drill_Press_Storage.jpg
20141204_080339.jpg

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
Joe,
It's shop storage. It aint s'posed to be pretty! However those look pretty snazzy in my book. And functional too! :thumbs_up:thumbs_up so far ALL the entries look great. keep em coming folks!:icon_cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS