I've got too much lumber, can't move it, so need to sell it

Dan Bowman

New User
Dan Bowman
I have accumulated a fair amount of lumber and need to lighten my load before moving. I've got cherry, maple, walnut, african mahogany, sapele, oak, zebrawood, and a little bit of this and that. It ranges from 2s planed ready for face frames, to 5/4, 8/4 and even a little 16/4 cherry. There's some figured stuff in there too, most likely. I'll be digging into the pile this week and haven't set prices yet but they will be very attractive! How would next Saturday, weather willing, be for a lumber sale? I'm in southern Wake county. Please respond so I can gauge interest. I'll also have a grab table with small stuff from my shop. Pay me what it's worth to you. And free partial cans of finish and solvents. And if anyone is seriously interested in my General table saw, you can check it out then; the price is $1500.

Henry W

Henry
Corporate Member
Dan
I am interested - mostly in the wood (but always in tools)
Would help to know some estimate of quantities, or at least a pic of the wood pile. Are we talking commercial scale or 3 boards of each? (somewhere in between I expect).
Thanks

Dan Bowman

New User
Dan Bowman
Somewhere in between. There's probably 100 plus feet of some species and only 20-30 of others. Two pictures are attached, the first being the main pile, the second being some zebrawood that has checks in it and there's a third, smaller pile in my shop that isn't pictured. The first picture is a bit deceiving - the pile is actually pretty deep.
IMG_0765.jpg
IMG_0766.jpg

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
I saw this lumber when I was picking up some very nice veneer this past week. Quite sure this will be a great sale.

Dan Bowman

New User
Dan Bowman
The weather for Saturday looks pretty decent so let's get this lumber redistributed! Here's the info:

Date/time: Saturday, November 2, 10:00 until all the lumber is gone, or 4:00, whichever comes first
Location: 6721 Walnut Cove Dr., Raleigh, 27603. The numbers have disappeared from our mailbox; we're the blue-gray ranch on the corner with several large river birches in the front yard.
Dress: Casual
Misc: I need this gone so prices will be attractive

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS