I've been selected as a "Maker" on Custommade.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeH

New User
Mike
About a year ago I decided to sign up to become a maker on www.custommade.com. I had all but forgotten about it until last week when I received the email saying that I had been selected as a "Maker". I'm really excited and nervous about the opportunity and exposure. I will give updates after I've completed my first few projects.

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
That is FANTASTIC!

We can say "we knew Mike before he was famous!"

Carl Fisher

New User
Carl
CustomMade is an interesting venue. I've been a maker on there for probably a year and a half now and noticed a few things.

It's to your benefit to bid on job and watch the job board. Don't wait for buyers to find you, especially if they post a specific need that you can fill. Also watch for buyers who grab your images and post a bid request from other makers. It's against the rules and CustomMade will make it right. Buyers sometimes just don't know the way the site works.

Also as of about 5 months ago, if you accept credit cards, you have to accept through their processor. It works well, but between CustomMade's cut and the credit card processors cut, price your proposals accordingly or you'll loose around 13% off the top.

Otherwise, I've had some great leads and great sales through them. They're really helpful to their makers and jumped through hoops to address anything I've asked from them.

Congrats and best of luck!

MikeH

New User
Mike
CustomMade is an interesting venue. I've been a maker on there for probably a year and a half now and noticed a few things.

It's to your benefit to bid on job and watch the job board. Don't wait for buyers to find you, especially if they post a specific need that you can fill. Also watch for buyers to grab your images and post a bid request from other makers. Many buyers don't know the way the site works.

Also as of about 5 months ago, if you accept credit cards, you have to accept through their processor. It works well, but between CustomMade's cut and the credit card processors cut, price your proposals accordingly or you'll loose around 13% off the top.

Otherwise, I've had some great leads and great sales through them. They're really helpful to their makers and jumped through hoops to address anything I've asked from them.

Congrats and best of luck!

Carl,
Thanks so much and thanksfor the heads up. How have you done on the site? What did you ask for?

Carl Fisher

New User
Carl
I've done alright for some additional exposure and done a few fairly pricey custom ordered pens through there.

For my fairly specialized market, I'm happy so far but I also don't count on it as a constant source of income.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors