It's that time of year again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
Yes, it is. I have come out of remission and have woodguy disease.....

The toyls are on their way!!!!!:eusa_danc

:banana::banana::banana:

:eek:ccasion1:eek:ccasion1

Bigdog72

New User
Geoff
Can't wait to see the spoils and participate in the drooling when you sell what you are replacing!! :banana: :banana:

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Got a few tool gloats of my own coming up in the next few days. Lookin forward to cheers'n ya. :eek:ccasion1

cpowell

Chuck
Senior User
Yes, it is. I have come out of remission and have woodguy disease.....

The toyls are on their way!!!!!:eusa_danc

:banana::banana::banana:

:eek:ccasion1:eek:ccasion1

I thought your remissions usually end in the fall??

Man - this is gonna be good!

I've got it so bad I can't stand it but can't pull the trigger. Darn economy still givin me the jitters. No problem, though - I can live vicariously through your purchases! :gar-La; :gar-La;

I've got an idea or two of things I could see you getting, just remembering things you've written in the past year or so.

Chuck

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
The dreaded WGD knows no season... flare-ups can occur at any time. Although it can quiesce from time to time, it rarely goes into an actual remission.

richlife

New User
Rich
Sounds good to me. But keep in mind that some of us have shops a wee tad smaller than a warehouse. Rich:3dblob3:

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
A month without a new tool is like a day without sunshine. Doing a job this week that DEMANDS that I buy a pin nailer:gar-Cr.

cpowell

Chuck
Senior User
Any hints before the shoe falls? Or, maybe SHOES fall!!

Neander or Norm??

JK...it's always Norm for you. :gar-La;

Mmmmmm...3 phase or single phase?

If you're upgrading the BS I may be interested in that little one you have now...that MM something or other.

My first thought was DP...but maybe you just went with a mill? Next thought was planer. Mustard colored one. :gar-Bi

Chuck

P.S. maybe give us a listing of your MAJOR replaceable machines. We can guess from there.

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
Any hints before the shoe falls? Or, maybe SHOES fall!!

Neander or Norm??

JK...it's always Norm for you. :gar-La;

Mmmmmm...3 phase or single phase?

If you're upgrading the bandsaw I may be interested in that little one you have now...that MM something or other.

My first thought was drillpress...but maybe you just went with a mill? Next thought was planer. Mustard colored one. :gar-Bi

Chuck

P.S. maybe give us a listing of your MAJOR replaceable machines. We can guess from there.

OK, You got it right, I mostly do Norm, and I did get a drill press. I got this one. Variable speed, Laser, LED lighting, and a fence with dust collection. Overall, it is a very nice unit, but I have one complaint. The speed indicator and on/off switch stay lit up even if it is turned off, so I am going to have to install a true on/off switch on it.

1792800_main.jpg

Assembly wasn't bad (especially when Doug Robinson delivers it and helps:icon_thum). I actually think I got a good price on it. Woodcraft had their 10 percent off sale, and the WMH Tool rep was there and said it qualified for an additional $50 off, so, well, you know......

As for the bandsaw, I need to buy new thrust bearings for it. The lower one has gotten chewed up. Doesn't seem to spin right.

OK then Chuck, what else have I gotten or am going to get?

M

McRabbet

Gee, that looks just like the [GLOW="orange"]Powermatic PM2800 VS Drill Press[/GLOW] we featured in the Fall Raffle last year. And I wonder if there might be a few big prizes like that
or even bigger on the [MOUSE]Spring Raffle[/MOUSE] that kicks off later this week? :wink_smil

cpowell

Chuck
Senior User
OK, You got it right, I mostly do Norm, and I did get a drill press. I got this one. Variable speed, Laser, LED lighting, and a fence with dust collection. Overall, it is a very nice unit, but I have one complaint. The speed indicator and on/off switch stay lit up even if it is turned off, so I am going to have to install a true on/off switch on it.

1792800_main.jpg

Assembly wasn't bad (especially when Doug Robinson delivers it and helps:icon_thum). I actually think I got a good price on it. Woodcraft had their 10 percent off sale, and the WMH Tool rep was there and said it qualified for an additional $50 off, so, well, you know......

As for the bandsaw, I need to buy new thrust bearings for it. The lower one has gotten chewed up. Doesn't seem to spin right.

OK then Chuck, what else have I gotten or am going to get?

Dude, you got a new PM high end drillpress and didn't even let on? Oh, man, it's getting serious now. You're getting sneaky :gar-La; :gar-La;

I am pretty sure I looked that machine over not too long ago. It's a real looker for sure.

How do you like it? Silly question, huh?

I'll trade you my MM-16 straight up for that bandsaw with the worn out thrust bearing. My thrust bearings are just fine. BTW I did make a Padauk insert for use with narrow blades and it works great and is very, very cool. :cool: I bought a small stick of lignum vitae to make the "final" model but the initial one seems to do just ok, much better than the stock bearings though I like the stock bearings a lot except on narrow blades.

As for the OTHER machine(s)? Not too sure. Maybe a matching mustard 3520b lathe? I really need to make it by your shop some day and see your lineup. Might make it easier to see what's next in line for upgrade. :nah:

I remember you were considering upgrading your planer a while back. :eusa_thin

Hints are accepted.

Chuck

cpowell

Chuck
Senior User
Gee, that looks just like the [GLOW="orange"]Powermatic PM2800 VS Drill Press[/GLOW] we featured in the Fall Raffle last year. And I wonder if there might be a few big prizes like that
or even bigger on the [MOUSE]Spring Raffle[/MOUSE] that kicks off later this week? :wink_smil

What - no sneak previews? :gar-Bi

Chuck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS