It's Here! Caution - New Lathe Gloat

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
You notice Tim has not replied to this thread since he posted it - He's lost in the spinny vortex - not even his wife can find him :gar-La;

Joe Bradshaw

New User
Joe
Tim, I hope that you enjoy your 2436 as much as I have enjoyed mine. I wish that I had gotten the wheel set with mine. I have moved mine twice by myself(moved into a new shop). Enjoy.

timf67

New User
Tim
You notice Tim has not replied to this thread since he posted it - He's lost in the spinny vortex - not even his wife can find him :gar-La;

Yes, I've been lost working on it but not quite turning on it yet. Finally got power to it last night after a near disaster... Long story short, the previous owner had a welder in his shop. He had a 50 amp range outlet in the shop, so I made an outlet box with a range plug on one end and a 20 amp 250V outlet on the other to match what came with the lathe. I plugged the lathe in and went to hit the power and heard a strange buzzing sound! :eek: Got out my volt meter and discovered that he had wired one of the hots to the neutral wire and the neutral/ground was in one of the hot locations. :eusa_doh: :crossedlips: :wmad: So after a little rewiring and a little prayer that I hadn't fried anything I tried again, this time it was a success and I got to watch it spin! :icon_cheers Okay so it wasn't that short of a story...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS