It's Alive!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve D

Steve DeWeese

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

RandyJ

Randy
Corporate Member
I don't know Steve, the top of that thing looks awfully clean to have been used. You sure you didn't just spread some chips around the base to make it look used?:lol: :lol:
That is some machine! I'm sure you will get many years of enjoyment out of using something that YOU personally restored to perfection. Great job!
Take care,

Ozzie-x

New User
Randy
Good going Steve :icon_thum ! Looks like some very fine shavings on the floor, so it must cut really good. I know you're proud of it and it will be a huge asset to your shop.

Monty

New User
Monty
Awesome!!! Now it just looks like you need to work on your dust collection! :lol:

M

McRabbet

I think you need to let everyone know the truth, Steve -- that 8/4 x 12" by six foot piece you joined looks lost on that outfeed table! If you need help with making a belt guard, I'd be happy to help more on this beast -- I feel I've got enough vested interest to be sure you don't get hurt by it!

Rob

Steve D

Steve DeWeese
Dust collection and a belt guard are all that remain. It is moved out of the way in this picture but I have a makeshift, temporary guard that looks suprisingly like my lathe.:lol: If all goes well, I'll have the dust collection taken care of before work tomorrow.

walnutjerry

Jerry
Senior User
Super job on the restoration job, Steve. You have certainly given that machine new life. CONGRATS on a job well done.:eusa_danc

Jerry

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Congrats Steve!!!

How many bottles of champaign did it take to christen her!!!

Job very well Done!!!!:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Wayne

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
Looks like you have one sweet cutting machine there Steve. Great job on the restoration of it.:icon_thum

D L

clowman

Clay Lowman
Corporate Member
You have got to feel releaved to be nearly 100% complete. Now the big question... How did it perform? What kind of edge did it lay on those boards?

J

jeff...

Love it, a piece of Americian Iron is brought back to life, how awesome is that :icon_thum. The fit an finish looks great Steve, great restoration work!

Steve D

Steve DeWeese
I am very pleased with the performance. Just for grins, I took a pass on that piece of walnut with the cutting depth at 1/8" and it didn't skip a beat. That is way more material than I would normally remove in a single pass. It cuts smoothly with very little vibration and this beast isn't going to move a bit when working with large stock.

Other than size limitation, I was always happy with my 6" jointer. The only real problem was that it would walk around when working with any larger pieces. It really would need to be fixed to the floor to stay put. I am extremely happy with the result.

cpowell

New User
Chuck
The proof's in the pudding. It's impressive how you've meticulously gone through that machine and breathed new life into it. Thanks for sharing the steps along the way.

BTW, does it serve as a backup assembly table? :lol: :lol:

Great job!

Chuck

J

jeff...

Steve, I just went a looked at an old jointer that looked just like yours. Made by Crescent (USA) the blade length is 8" and had a wide belt pulley on the back (no motor). It's covered in rust but the crank handles move the beds and the blades turn.

I'm thinking I can get it for next to nothing, if not nothing. Could you tell me a little about yours and what went into the restoration? I hate to see a piece of American iron just sitting there wasting away. I would like to get an idea of what I'm getting myself into before I buy it.

Thanks

Grgramps

New User
Roy Hatch
Steve, You said, "It cuts smoothly with very little vibration and this beast isn't going to move a bit when working with large stock. "

I wonder if it'll move when you try to move it?

Makes my 6" jointer look like a watch fob.

Roy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS