It's a two door

Dee2

Board of Directors, Vice President
Gene
Staff member
Corporate Member
Finished these up today. Need to adjust the stops, however.
Unknown-4.jpeg

Dee2

Gene
Staff member
Corporate Member
Thank you.
@Casey: Looking forward to that spray class that I'm hoping someone will host/teach soon.
@Luke: Sapele
@scott: RE: Blocking Grill - maybe.
@JohnnyR: the photo doesn't do it justice. All the rails and diagonals are grain matched.

Last edited:

William Roscoe

New User
William
I'm getting ready to do the same thing X18 so I was wondering where you got the hardware and was it expensive and now that you have installed it, do you have any advise or warnings for me??

Oka

Casey
Corporate Member
@Dee2 If the return air grill does get blocked a bit, and it gets nosier, just change it to a commercial higher end Titus or Ruskin style return air grill. That one shown is the cheapest -highest friction loss grill out there. You can buy a return air grill that will be the same size and provide 20-35% more sq.in opening flow. That change will more than make up for any sq.in loss.

Dee2

Gene
Staff member
Corporate Member
@William: hardware is from Rustica and it was too expensive. Advice? I ordered the rail pre-drilled. They spaced the holes dimensionally not based on stud locations. I didn't not put in a header when I built the wall. I did make a story board of stud locations. I ended up drilling the rail for my stud locations. My doorway is narrow, my rail is too long, my doors are narrow. Make sure you understand all of the spacings. FWIW, the rails and stiles are assembled with pocket screws. The plank fills are 'shiplapped' and mounted with counter-sunk cabinet screws centered on each plank. Probably not the best way but the Sapele was kept in the garage/s'hanger and did not acclimate in the house.

@Casey: trust me, it won't be a problem.

Last edited:

Warren

Warren
Corporate Member
My neighbor bought hardware at Tractor Supply. The door was very nice and he had no issues.

Dee2

Gene
Staff member
Corporate Member
Someone pointed out the puppy above the left handle. I hadn't noticed it. Shows up much better in this picture than 'live'.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS