It is Goodwill lathe time

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
For the newer members the Goodwill lathe is a complete turning system. Includes, Rikon lathe and stand, a full set of quality turning tools, slow speed grinder, sharpen jigs, live center, lathe chuck, pen mandrel, stopper mandrel, sand paper, Mylands finish and dozen of other tools, supplies and components items. All you do is provide a home for the lathe and go play. The holder of the goodwill lathe gets about 3 - 4 months before it is rotated to a new person. Pictures are forth coming.

If you want to give turning a spin and don't want to invest $$$ here is your shot.

So if interested just put your name here on this thread or send me PM to me or DRW. You have until Sept 20th to apply. In the event of multiple candidates the BoD will make the final selection who will get it first.

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
This is your opportunity to try before you buy. This is totally free. FREE!! No cost to you.

If you do a search of the forums for Goodwill Lathe you will likely find a lot of information and pictures of exactly what is included.

There is everything to try turning pens without the expense of buying all the mandrels and presses, etc. If you don't like turning pens then try bottle stoppers. Not your thing, try turning a bowl or two. Everything you need is here.

Step right up and get your FREE Lathe.

- Ken.

Acelectric

Wayne
Corporate Member
I would be interested in this if no one else wants it. I already have a small lathe that I have turned a few pens on but would like to try turning larger projects. If someone who doesn't have a lathe at all wants it then let them have it.

FlyingRon

Ron
So does anybody want to step up and take this thing for a while. My wife says if it doesn't go soon it will replace her little pen lathe in my shop (which would be a waste since she never uses the existing lathe these days).

The whole shooting match is north side of Lake Norman (a few miles from the I-40/I-77 interchange).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors