It Has Shipped!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeeNC

New User
Lee
I ordered a LV LA Jack yesterday. :icon_chee I had a choice between a new mountain bike and adding to the tool collection for my birthday. Given that I am in the shop most weekends and rarely on the trails these days, WGD won out. I have the LV LA block and have found it to be easy to use. As a neophyte to hand tools, that is saying something. I hope that I like the jack as much as it was alot of JACK. Not really a gloat, since there is no special price on these thing ever ever ever. I also picked up the totes to be able to use the block as a mini smoother. Now I have to start getting some better wood. Using these tools on plywood all the time would just be wrong. I will post pics when they arrive.
Props to Lee Vally. I ordered them yesterday afternoon an the shipped this morning.:eusa_danc
LeeNC

CarvedTones

Board of Directors, Vice President
Andy
It is still a gloat; you are getting one no matter what the cost and for that you do suck. :gar-Bi

I would love to have one of those. :jealous: I have a cheap Indian jack (not even a "real" Anant :embaresse) that I use for joining and it is a chore to set it up properly.

Be sure to take some pictures - one of the plane and one of a couple of boards with no light between them. :wsmile:

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
Lee,

On the contrary, A Lee Valley low angle jack plane is definitely a gloat. You'll get get more drooling around here on that plane than you would over a mountain bike of the same value with your biking friends:lol:.
Suckage is pending, though I will tell you that I am jealous.

Jimmy:)

Jonz

New User
Chris Jones
You'll love the LV LA jack, I promise. One of the best buys out there for all around planes.

LeeNC

New User
Lee
According to the information that I found, I expect to be very pleased. I hope so as I will not be getting another plane for quite some time. Most of the tool budget for next couple of months has been spent.
Lee

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
You're right, it's not a gloat...not because you didn't get it on sale or because it's a hand tool, but no pictures = didn't happen :)

I have a LV Jack plane, it is an absolutely beautiful piece of craftsmanship. I am not good at hand planing, but it is encouraging me to try. Especially when you're trying to glue up some boards and the power jointer is out of commission because you can't get the knifes aligned :BangHead:

You're going to love that plane....it will infect you further.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS